Wednesday, August 17, 2011

July into August

There are so many things that have gone on within July & August...that I need to write down in the history books...

Adriana is no longer in a Crib..we have converted her Crib into a bed..well not a real bed...but we are close. She can now get in and out of bed all by herself. The first night of the transition..I put her to bed like normal, closed her door and went downstairs.  Five minutes later I heard the door slam..and realized she was on her way down.  She walks into the family room with a big smirk and says "I not Sleepy"..."Oh you are honey"  I replied ....and we walked back upstairs tucked her in, big kiss...and walked out closing the door.  This routine happened three times that night..all within a half hour.  And finally she fell asleep. And from that day on...she has not come out of her room. What a  big Girl. So proud!

Adriana has also been using the potty.  I can not take any credit for this. I pulled up our little training potty from the basement and would do  my best to get her to sit on it. I was not trying to do hardcore potty training...just wanted to start introducing it.  Then she started going to Mrs. Lisa's house...and would see her friend Addie going potty..and from then on...she started going....but only at Mrs. Lisa's.  It was funny the other day I walked in to pick her up, and Adriana was sitting on the small potty, and Addie was sitting on the big potty, they had a bucket of books and were sitting there chatting.  I watched them for 5 seconds giggling and talking about their books before they saw me...and flashed huge grins..and they both said ..."Were on the Potty!.  Adriana will sit on the potty at home...but will not go...she will only go potty at Mrs. Lisa's.  So it is a work in progress..nothing that I am freaking out about..because she still is young..but at least its a start. And I owe it all to Mrs. Lisa for making her sit...and Addie for showing her how its done!  Thanks Addie!

As for Luke..he has grown up so much in the last month. He started attending the Lifetime Fitness kids Camp while I am at work and ABSOLUTELY loves it.  He is in heaven...he plays with tons of kids his own age and older ALL day.  They play games, swims, rock climb, go on field trips and so much more.  He is excited to wake up everyday and go to camp and loves that he gets to use his Spiderman backpack and Spiderman lunch box from Auntie Angela...every since he got this 2 years ago - he has been waiting to use it.  So far he has been to Legoland, The Jelly Belly Factory, Club Carnival (at Lifetime) and today he is going to a Roller Rink (which frightens me because Luke is not that great at Roller Skating).  I feel so happy and content knowing that I am sending him to a place he loves...even thought I am a little nervous ...probably because I am not there to watch his every move and its hard to let go.... I hope that he is being a nice boy to his friends and teachers.....but also standing up for himself -I don't want anyone pushing him around.  He comes home and tells me a ton of fun stuff that reminds me of when I was a kid...for example, he told me today that he traded his Brownie in his lunch for another kids Kool-Aid....because he drank all of is Capri Sun...."Mom can you buy Kool-Aid drink boxes instead of Capri-Suns now?"  So funny!

Finally Luke has officially started Flag Football. He is on the Chargers team.  He has a new pair if Nike Kleets...an cool gym bag, his own special water bottle and football clothes that soak up his sweat (as he likes to say) just like Dad.   I have yet to get pictures because he has not started his games yet, and from what Luke tells me..."Mom, practices are for me and Dad, and you and Ade can come to the games"  ....how cute...kinda kills me...and I know Brian loves it!  

So that is what is going lately. I will try and post some pictures shortly.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I hope you are enjoying work, it sounds like the kids are doing great! Brian must be in heaven with Luke in football, too cute. :)

Mandy said...

We will miss seeing the kids at Mrs. Lisa's. :( But glad everyone is doing great! Let us know when Lukey has a game - we'd love to cheer him on!

JILL said...

OMG...LOVE it all. Yeah~Ade!!! So proud of you. LOVE that story about her and Addie on the pots, chatting. I can just picture it!) As far as Luke, wow- trading ALREADY...he's becoming a little negotiator. I love those stories. What a great time for him and Brian too. We miss you all!

Kelly said...

For some reason I'm totally picturing you and Mandy sitting on the toilets gossiping. LOL