The other day we stopped by our Church/School in hopes to sign Luke up for Pre-K. Long story short, I am totally behind on signing him up for Pre-K because we were unsure of where we wanted to send him...we are not all that happy with the Park District preschool he has been attending for two years. Anyways we decided we are going to send him to St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School. We have belonged to this Church since we moved here and have heard and seen many great things about it. Not sure if we are going to send him to Catholic or Public school for K-6th grade..but this is a start. Anyway as we walked back to our car from registering, I was explaining to Luke that this is were he is going to go to school next year.
This was our conversation.
Luke: So when I go to school there next year I will be 5 right...and then 6 years old just like Anthony
Me: Yes that is right Luke!
Luke: Then I will be the same size as Anthony (his cousin)...and we can go to school together
Me: Well you may end of being the same size in height, but not in age. When you turn 6 Anthony will be 8 because he is two years older than you, and you will not be going to the same school because we live in different towns..but he still is your cousin so you will see him all the time.
Luke: Oh, so when I turn 8 and then turn 9 years old and I will be an adult just like you and Dad and then I no longer have to live with you....since I will be big and an adult....right?
Me: Well no...
Luke -cutting me off - MOMMM when I turn 9 I don't have to live with you and Dad...I will be an adult!
Me: Luke do you not want to live with me and Dad anymore ??? That would make me sad!
Luke: No Mom, I want to live with you, I am just saying if I wanted to not live with you I can, because I will be 9 years old...a big guy!
I have to say it was pretty hilarious at the time...I kinda love having conversations with Luke because he cracks me up...and then I really sit and think about it...and I am sad. OH MY GOD..he wants to grow up so bad and move out already! Where did my little man go??? Then I am swept back into reality and realize that he probably is sick of sitting in time-outs and being sent to his room because he is a 16 year old in a 4 year old's body and thinks he runs the show here...maybe that is why he ready to be on his own. Either way it was a funny conversation..I just love how his little mind works...just had to share!
1 comment:
That is pretty funny. As soon as he realizes moving out means cooking for himself he'll never leave:)
Post a Comment