Thursday, March 31, 2011

Luke Wants A New Name

Luke: Mom, I think I want to change my name...I don't want my name to be only four letters anymore...I want it to be longer.

Me: Oh Okay...I like the name Luke, but what would you want to change your name too?

Luke: Umm how about if instead of L.U.K.E, we spell my name A.L.U.K.E.A?

Me:  So you want to change your name to Alukea?

Luke: Yeah that sounds good.

Me: Okay so now when I call your name, I should say Alukea, not Luke.

Luke: Well how about my name be Luke Patrick Alukea Gormsen...but you can call me Alukea.

Me: Okay if you say so, then I will now call you Alukea.

Luke: Oh and we should change Adriana's name too because I don't like Adriana Rose anymore....we should call her Adriana Alukea Gormsen.

Me: Hmmm I am not sure about that, she is a girl and I would like to keep her name as Adriana Rose.

Luke: Fine...but I am Alukea, and we should change your name to Unteresa...not Teresa.


Me: Okay Alukea.

Seriously its never a dull moment here, so I told Brian about our son's new name...and he walked right in the door that night and gave kisses to Adriana, and said...Alukea!!!...I missed you, how was your day? Luke's face was priceless...he was shocked, had a big smile on his face and said..."so do you like my new name" and Brian responded "Yes Alukea..its nice."  After about 20 minutes of us calling him Alukea after everything we said, he decided, he was not into that name anymore and would much rather just be called Luke. I swear history repeats itself, because I remember playing as a kid and changing my name, although I can not for the life of me remember what my name was. I do remember that Rose (and your going to kill me for this) always said that she wanted her name to be Kidney...yes Kidney as in an organ.  Did anyone else do this ...want to change your name, or is the Chiovari family the only crazy ones out there??

2 comments:

MOM said...

Do you remember the April Fools Day joke when you & Rose were little..I told you they mixed you two up and YOUR real name was ROSEMARIE and vise versa...Boy you two were upset!!!!

Mandy said...

Between this and the moving out story, I'm dying. Luke is so funny!