Does anyone remember when Luke was little and all he wanted to wear were his cute blue crocs..and we lost one? Well this story is a little similar, except we are now dealing with Adriana's missing gym shoe...and unfortunately these are not shoes she likes to wear. In fact if it were up to her, she would be wearing her silver sparkly shoes 24/7. They are really cute, however they are dress shoes, very hard to put on with socks, and do not match our everyday outfits. They only really go well with dresses - which is all she wants to wear anyways. But I am getting off my point.
The other night my Mom watched both kids at her house so Brian and I could do some shopping for our Vegas trip....which by the way starts TOMORROW!!!! So Brian and I head back to my Mom's to pick the kids up, it was around 9:00 so both kids were in there PJ's. I decide to throw Adriana's shoes in the diaper bag instead of fighting with her to put them on and carry her to the car. We say our goodbyes and thank yous to Nonna and head to the car. I put the diaper bag down on the ground to put Adriana in her car seat. I pick the diaper bag up, put it in the car and we are heading home. Once we are home, I slowly get out of the car and very slowly take Adriana's out of the car seat...not to wake her up....I gently put her in bed and go back to the car to get the diaper bag. Only to discover ONE gym shoe. Oh great...now I have to bend over backwards, forwards, sideways just to find this shoe that I am sure has slipped way under the seat...but NO SHOE! How the heck could it have fallen out. Long story short...because I know this is a pointless boring story...we are still looking for her darn gym shoe...its gone. My Mom searched her house, and front lawn & driveway...and still no shoe.
This may be weird to some, but for some reason Adriana only has a couple of pairs of shoes...I have a million, but little Miss Adriana really only has three - Sparkly Shoes, Lady Bug Boots, and One Single Gym shoe. I guess this is a lesson to start purchasing multiple shoes for my kids because this happens at least once a year...or so far once a kid.
So we headed to the store to pick up another pair of gym shoes because lets face it...wearing Silver Sparkly Dress shoes everyday with comfy pants just is not cutting it. It looks a little wrong and I am so sick of wrestling with her little feet to get them on with socks. I wonder if while walking around target people thought she was either 1) really cute with her sparkly shoes, or 2) Looks a little like a gypsy! I decided to try Kohls this time for shoes....I told Adriana we were here for gym shoes..so we walk up to the shoe section and Adriana points to one pair and says "Here it is!!" To my surprise she listened and pointed to a gym shoe, but of course it has sparkly rhinestones.. the perfect combo! She instantly sat down and started to try them on. So I decided that these were the shoes that we were leaving with. They are really cute, I could possibly go with out the wording on the side, but hey if these shoes mean not fighting with her to get her shoes on everyday..I will take them!

3 comments:
THOSE ARE SO CUTE!! Gma Pat got Ellie and Keatsie each a pair kinda like those - love them. They go with everything from casual to dressy!
Love them, she has great taste!
It's so cute that she picked them out herself. And sparkly on top of it!
Post a Comment