Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Roller Skating for Reese!

pee in your pants laughing (don't worry I did not for all you sickos out there)  I don't think Brian was laughing at first..he was the one holding him in between his legs, and I am pretty sure he almost threw his back out a couple of times. So once Luke felt comfortable letting go of the wall, it took him a good 10 minutes to go around the circle. But I have to tell you...Luke is a little fighter..he fell about a million times but always got back up..not one tear shed...lots of laughs and giggles. I think at one point he screamed out to me "Mom..I am so awesome!"   He had so much fun..and can not wait to go again!
Lace em up Dad!!!


Ellie & Jess
 Take them off..I am done. I have to say Ellie and Reese did a great job as well...they seemed like naturals from the start...at least thats how it looked from the sidelines..
 Luke giving Adriana some love from the rink




 Men in skates...

This place was the best...it totally brought me back to when I was a kid. My elementary school Hunting Ridge used to have their annual skate party at Orbitz. It was so cool back then!  At this rink, there were tons of kids between the ages of 6th grade to 8th grade...young love was blooming all over the place.  Couples holding hands... girls skating away from boys laughing and giggling, too much make-up, and even young girls with boys that seemed way older than them! I even saw some first kisses ..I think! Not going to lie, I even laced up and went around the rink a couple of times..by myself...just to re-live some old memories. I was strolling along going at a nice paced when I swear some young girls zoomed past me and I did wobble a little bit...after that I slowed down and moved to the outside of the rink..for the slower people. I think they thought I was cramping their style being older and in the middle fast lanes in the rink. Just a couple of mean girls!  Overall we had a great time. Happy Birthday Reese!

5 comments:

nonnamia said...

Looked like such a fun party. Luke is a die hard...He is one little guy with determination! That is such a good quality.
P.S. I remember being "you" at the Hunting Ridge Skate Parties!!!Life rolls over and over.

Kellie said...

Too funny, I don't know what was cuter the kids or the adults in their skates. What a reat idea for a party, I completely forgot about roller skating.

Jessica said...

I love Luke's face in the one of the four of us in the rink. HA. Cracks me - total die hard.

My back hurt for 3 days, btw. Man, we're getting old!

Mandy said...

OMG...love it. Oh and did I see your house slippers in one of the pics?

Teresa said...

For the record Mandy..I did not wear my Ugg shoes..not slippers, I pulled out the heels for this occasion!