Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kids say the Best Things!

I always looked forward to the day my kids could talk and we could have a nice conversation. Well this month...along with others Luke has been asking and saying some pretty interesting stuff..for example

He asked me yesterday out of the blue..."Mom - whats inside of us?" My response..Oh bones, muscles, blood, organs like your heart, kidneys... he cuts me off..why do we have blood inside us?? This question probably came up because Adriana took a tumble on the wood floors and split her lip...and of course blood was gushing out of the poor girls mouth. I will not going into details..but I just love how curious he is...then after the 20 questions about what we are made of...I kinda want to pull my hair out..SHHH don't tell.

Driving home from my sisters house the other night : Um Mom something is not right here....I think the Moon is following us home!

My sister told me she caught Luke & Gia kissing...or I think it was Gia kissing Luke...so I had to have a discussion with him how we do not kiss our cousins on the lips...only give hugs and a kiss on the cheek because they are family.  His response " But you told me I had to love my cousins and not fight with them!"  How can I love them and not give them kisses???   After going into a deeper explanation about this (which I will spare you all) he finally gave up and said "Fine Mom, I will only give kisses to you, Dad and our Sweetie Pie (thats what he calls Adriana...how cute). I love that he adores his cousins!

A quote that just started in our house and one I am sure I will be hearing a long long time. Luke in anger yelling "You never let me do anything!" As you can imagine..sheer shock came across my face the first time I heard this one! I don't think these words ever came out of my mouth when I was younger (right Mom ;)

I think these kids are getting sick of Winter and being stuck inside because all they do is run...so the other day I told Luke he better stop running (for the 100th time), his response "Mom...is not me, its my Brain...its telling me to run and I keep telling it to stop!"  Umm WHAT...where does he come up with this stuff.

As for Adriana...she is still in the one-two word vocabulary...for example...we get a lot of  " I see", "I want", "I walk", "My purse", "My Blankie"   I swear this child understands more that she can speak.  Especially when I tell her she is going to go into a time-out if she does not start behaving...she flashes a dirtly look and points her finger and says NO...Noooooo Mama!! I seriously want to bust out laughing all the time!

These are some of the moments I wish I could just freeze in time...gotta love kids!

2 comments:

Non said...

Ever hear the saying.."Out of the mouths of babes"

JILL said...

I LOVE it...ALL! So funny.