On Mondays & Wednesdays I watch the St. Leger girls, so there are usually four kids here, but for the past three weeks while my MIL was out of town, I also watched my nephew Liam. That's right 5 kids at once - 4 in diapers ..Luke (3yrs), Addison (2 yrs), Adriana (18mths), Liam (16 mths) and Avery (4mths). What am I CRAZY??? I have to say it went a lot smoother than I thought it would be...in fact it was not bad at all....I am swear I am telling the truth. At first I did think to myself..OMG what have I gotten myself into...and then they all came to my house and as long as I did my best to keep it clean throughout the day, assigned everyone their own sippy cup, and kept up with diaper changes & meals...I was fine. All four of the big kids, and I say big because they are all walking were great. They ran circles around my house, played in the playroom and with each other with an occasional argument ...here and there. Avery the youngest was probably the easiest...which most people, I think would be surprised to hear. She is probably the most easiest baby I have ever been around...she is totally on schedule...and when I say schedule...I mean..nap time is 9AM & 1PM and all I have to do is wrap her up, give her a binky, she gives me a sweet little look and turns her head and WHAAALLA she is out. NO I am not exaggerating this at all. Its kinda AMAZING to me because you all know my kids sleeping habits...NOT GOOD. Adriana is ten times better than Luke ever was (sorry Lukey), but sometimes its a struggle.
I always used to say to my Mom, "I don't know how you did it" but I have to say...these past couple of weeks have been a tiny glimpse into how she somehow managed to take care of 5 kids at once...I now know...its manageable...and you somehow get through it,. I certainly do not know if I could do this day in and day out like she did....but two times a week was not bad. I now have a whole new respect for what she went through...or I am sorry for what me and my sisters and brother probably put her through and how she made it out alive...sorry Mom...but you did a great job!!!
Basically my schedule went something like this....
7:30 AM- Liam Gets dropped off
8:15 - Addie & Avery get dropped off
8:30 - Fix breakfast for four kids - Any given day it can be....waffles, eggs, pancakes, fruit, milk, cereal...and when I was feeling extra nice...cinnamon rolls MMMmmmmm btw they all SCARF down the cinnamon rolls like crazy!
9:00- Put Avery down for a nap
9:15 -kids run around, play, make messes,
10:00 - Usually some one has poops...change 1 or numerous diapers.
side note...what is it about kids...its like one poops...they all poop. I think one day I changed 7
yes SEVEN poopy diapers and one blowout... OMG!
10:30 - Liam starts to get tired...put him to bed
11:00 - Get Avery up, if not up already - to give her a bottle, burp and then
11:30 - Play time for all
11:45 - start getting lunch ready, any given day it can be...mac n cheese, hot dogs, fruit, applesauce, pizza, PBJ, turkey & cheese...just to name a few
12:00 -EAT LUNCH
12:45 - Addie & Adriana go down for a nap
1-2:15 -My free time to hang out with Luke, clean, do dishes, laundry..whatever just gotta keep moving if I stop I just might fall over
2:30 - Adriana, Addie & Liam are all usually up by now wanting a snack or water
MORE DIAPER CHANGES
3:00 - Get Avery up to eat, burp & play
PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, DIAPERS, "I NEED WATER", MORE SNACK PLEASE, DIAPER CHANGE, WIPE NOSES, HANDS WHATEVER..
5:00 - Clean up time
5:30 - Everyone is usually getting picked up...and my day with 5 kids is over...and suddenly my house is pretty quiet with just two kids running around. WEIRD
So the question is...are you exhausted just reading this? I have to say I found that I was not as exhausted as I thought I would be until my kids went to bed. As long as I just kept moving I was fine. Its amazing how much energy one can have if they don't think about it. Basically, I loved having all of these little ones around...they all played really well together and had fun running around, singing, dancing, playing choo choo train, going up and down the slide, reading and so much more...I mean what kid does not like playing with their friends all day..its like the party never ends!
So I managed to get a couple of shots of the kids....
Adriana holding Avery...don't worry Mandy she only had her for a second and I was all up in her grill the whole time. Also Avery is now pretty popular in our house..now that Adriana can say her name which sounds like "AV" all of our dolls are now AV. If I tell Adriana to go get a dolly...its AV..I guess she associates dolls with AV now. Super Cute. Avery on the other had is looking at me like "Are you serious...get me off this child's lap!"
All the kids, Luke being the oldest asked me a least 5 times, "Moooommmm how long do we have to sit like this?"






6 comments:
OMG, the train pic is adorable. I give you a lot of credit Teres - I don't know how you do it!
You are AMAZING! They all look so happy too!
You are a saint Tere, seriously. You are so good with the kiddos!! That sounds like insanity to me!!
Gotta say..You are right on Isn"t it surprising....Like you said, you keep going and the days go by.
It ain"t easy, but can be done!!!
You"ve got your system, times set or days route....
And you get thru it.
Then one day you read your daughters blog and somehow you are pretty darn proud of it all, and realize, "It was worth the work"
And love her for her thoughts and ways.oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
The patience of Job....wow.
Somehow missed this entry. Love it. I also don't know how you do it! Ella was so sad to leave your house that day. You are totally going to have the "fun" house that none of the kids want to leave!
Post a Comment