Its been so long since I have blogged...I know, I stink. Lets see where to start....I took both kids to the doctor for Adriana's 6 month check-up and Luke's 3 year check-up. A big thanks goes out to my Mom who met me there..I am not sure I could have handled both at once.
So here are the stats:
Luke:
38 1/2 inches tall - 70%
38 lbs - 93%
Luke only had to have a TB test (a shot that goes in and puffs up the skin) and a blood test (prick of the finger) and then he had to do a urine test. My Mom took him into the bathroom for this and to my surprise he did great...no problems going in a cup! As for the shots....this kid is a tank..not one single tear. When the nurse pricked his finger all he could say was "Wow look at all the blood Mommy" and then when she went to do his shot...she put a stamp on his arm of a kitten...which Luke thought was pretty cool and then poked him right in the Kittens belly...all he did was look at me and say.."Um this kinda hurts" and then he was done! Such a trooper!
Adriana
16lbs 70%
26 inches - 75%
Adriana had to have 3 shots and she did not do as well as Luke. She was not happy about it. She screamed loud for a couple of seconds and then was okay once I picked her up. She is growing like a weed. Already on Stage 2 food. Sitting up on her own...for about 5 mins ...then falls over...but she is getting it. She sits really well in the exersaucer and loves it, but she is starting to realize that she is in it more often than she would like so I can get some stuff done...then she jumps over to the Jumparoo for a little bit...she kinda likes this...Luke loved it...but I think Adriana thinks its boring. Adriana has two bottom teeth poking through which have been keeping her up ALOT at night. Still not sleeping through the night....doctor say I just have to start sleep training her as best I can with the teething....Um..... I thought I have been trying to do this all along....she told me not to worry about it...some babies just don't sleep....like hers for example he never slept until 16 mths old.....I really love my Pediatrician...but really did she have to tell me that!!! How encouraging! Keep working at it she tells me. I guess she is a child that does not require much sleep because she is just as happy as can be during the day. So far this week she has gone to bed in her crib and after waking up and screaming 3-4 times, I finally transfer her into her car seat ....yes, I know not the best parenting....but I am so sleep deprived! So once she goes in the car seat...get this SHE SLEEPS!!!! At least 4 hours at a time!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous...6 months.....4 hours of sleep at a time =C.R.A.Z.Y!!!!! I think the car seat is the only thing keeping me sane.
Lets see...we went to the pumpkin patch, and Luke had his first Halloween party at school....but I have no pictures of anything because I have no camera. I lent it to my Mom to print some pictures and have not had a chance to get it back. I will be getting it back before Halloween!!!
3 comments:
They are both getting so big!!
I'm so sorry that she's not sleeping. I know how hard it is to miss out on sleep. :( Hang in there!
What a tough guy! Can't believe how good he did with the shots.
Hang in their with the sleep thing. I feel for you! See you tomorrow.
Post a Comment