Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday to My Lukey Bear

This past weekend was Luke's 3rd birthday...Repeat...3rd Birthday OMG I have a 3 year old. How did three years go by so fast!!!  His actual birthday was on Saturday, but we pretended (shhh don't tell him) that his birthday was on Friday because we had a family wedding on Saturday and were not going to be around most of the day.  So when he woke up Friday morning he was greeted with lots of Happy Birthday kisses and hugs. I swear you would have thought he was a teenager because when I was hugging and kissing him he was like "Okay, okay enough already"  and was all embarressed. Where did he learn that??


 

For his birthday Brian took the day off and we had a nice family day.  We had a big breafast (eggs, bacon etc) then let Luke open some of his gifts (a bunch of toys and a Spiderman Skooter). Then we all got ready, dropped Adriana off at my Moms (Thanks Mom) and headed to the movie theater to see a double feature of one of Luke's favorite movies Toy Story & Toy Story 2 ...in 3D!  We got there right on time only to walk up the theater and realize that movie times change every Friday and I checked the times on Thursday.  The movie did not start and 1pm like I thought...it started at 2pm.  OH GREAT! So we headed into another cartoon movie, Cloudy with a Side of Meatballs. Luke was an Angel. He sat nice for a whole hour, wore his 3D glasses.  Then when it was time to go into Toy Story we exited the theater...without Brian. He was enjoying the Meatball movie too much to leave, just a big kid himself.  Anyway we went into Toy Story and he sat pretty good for another hour and then wanted to walk up and down the aisle while watching the movie.  Needless to say we lasted about halfway into the movie and had to leave.  I honestly was so angry with myself, because we would have made it through both movies or at least through one and a half if it were not for my screw up. Oh well...he had a great time anyway. Then we headed back to my parents to pick up Adriana and headed to the Rainforest Cafe for a birthday dinner. Luke LOVES all the animals there so it was the perfect place.  Food is not so good, but the atmosphere is great for the little ones. 

All in all it was a fun day!  And so now my Luke is three......he has had such a big year...so many milestones..

This is Luke telling me he is three with his super cool hat that he received from school.


As for the Milestones...
*Potty Trained
*Started Preschool
*His Vocabulary is huge now
*He has Mastered the art of  Tantrums
*Could careless about Timeouts - in fact, sometimes he will put himself in one just for kicks
*Sleeps in a big boy bed all by himself
* Naps are a thing of the past - he gave those up a while ago
*Getting taller and bigger everyday ( I think he weighs almost 35lbs) we will know for sure at the doctor this 
    week.
*Is a wonderful big brother - so sweet and helpful with Adriana


He is a very good boy (most of the time) , very social, very energetic and loveable. 

This is Luke looking away while the waitresses sang Happy Birthday...he was very embarrassed.



I just am so proud of the little boy he is becoming.  Here's to another great year with lots of Milestones!!!

Love you Lukey!!!  Happy Birthday!!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Lukey! Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful day!

Really, though? 3 means no more naps??? Holy moly. I'm not ready for that!

JILL said...

Happy Birthday Little Man!!!

Kelly said...

You guys are like the coolest parents. What a fantastic day for little Lukey. He is getting so big - I can't believe it. I can't believe you were going to see a double feature with him - are you insane in the membrane?

Mandy said...

Happy Bday Lukey Bear! I can't believe he's 3!! I remember holding that brand new baby Lukey like it was yesterday!

Nonna Mia said...

Glad Luke had his special day... It is not easy to spend that time alone when you have other little ones...SO glad to have Adriana over and Luke have such a fun day out with mom and dad...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BOY ... KISSES AND HUGGS GALORE FOR YOU...

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Luke!! You are such a big boy now its hard to believe! What a fun day you guys planned for him!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke! Sounds like such a fun day with all the movies and good food. We haven't done a double-deucer in years!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Amanda D. said...

Happy Birthday little Lukey! You're a doll!