Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years at Grizzly Bear Logde

We decided to do something different for New Years......instead of going to someones house with all the little ones, we decided to pack up and go to Utica - Grizzly Bear Lodge & Indoor Water Park for a couple of days. We rented a house and moved all of our stuff in for a nice 3 night stay. The first night we were 12 adults and 6 kids and then the following 2 nights we were 8 adults and 4 kids...all in one house!!!! I still can not believe we all survived living together for a couple of days, it was almost like college again - beer, junk food, good conversation, lots of laughs but with a couple of exceptions.. ..3 pregnant chicks, bottles, naptime, diapers, toys all over the place, pack n plays, sound machines and so much more!......we also had some funny moments that include but are not limited too...snoring, gas leaks....we think, Cooking...oh gosh there are too many to list.

Here are some pics from the weekend.....

The guys hanging out playing cards....

The whole crew minus the Chacks & Kids.....I think they are already sleeping at this point.



The guys - minus Chack




The Girls


How cute is this...Jill surprised me with a cute little onesie for Baby Girl Gormsen on the way.

After a fun New Years night, we spent New Years Day and Friday at the Indoor Water Park. Luke absolutely loved it....he went down the slide a million times! I forgot my camera on Friday but these are some shots I was able to get....sorry folks...not a ton of bathing suit pictures!




After a long day at the Water Park it was bath time....first up Addison & Vivian (no pics), then Luke & Ellie's turn....they are so cute together. I am so glad that our kids are all growing up together!




We also visited the Indoor Amusement Park.....


Some shots of the kiddos
VIVIAN



ADDISON




JACOB



PEYTON



Finally Luke & Ellie - who played so well together all weekend. This is Luke putting Ellie Belly to bed with his blankie & pillow...they are so cute!


It was such a fun getaway......hopefully we make a tradition of this and try to get away every New Years with the kids! A big Thank You goes out to Mandy for researching this place and getting this all together! We had such a good time and I am actually sad its over!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It looks like you guys had a such a great time! It's so nice that Luke has so many friends to play with!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Love the onesie! It's just the beginning for all of the pink!

Kelly said...

Luke and Ellie are so cute together. Looks like everyone had fun and we were sorry to miss it, kind of. Next year I'm sure we'll be thrilled to go. I love how Luke starts wacking Ellie - this is good practice, let him work out all the kinks on his friend. I can't believe him and Ellie are going to be older siblings soon!

Amanda said...

We had such a great time. I thought all the kids were pretty well-behaved given the fact that they were all off their routines. Let's see what the St. Legers can cook up for next year....

Mandy said...

Thanks for coming! We had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Addie trying to hang with the Big Kids. Thank you for inviting us- we had a nice time!

Anonymous said...

Um ... you spelled "lodge" wrong.

Anonymous said...

Wow.looks like you all had a lot of fun... And made great memories..Belive me that is the best part... Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Great pics!!