Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baby Gormsen

Its been so busy, I feel like I have not given anyone an updated on how Baby Gormsen is doing. I went to the doctor today for my 12 week check-up. I completely forgot that I was having another ultrasound due to some testing so I was surprised, but happy I told Brian to meet me at the appointment.

I was only able to get one picture but here he/she is. I am so excited because you can actually see a baby instead of a blob like the 8 week ultrasound.


So here are the details that I have so far from the appointment:
Weight Gain - NONE WHOO HOOO.... by the way, this will probably be the ONE and Only time I mention weight gain throughout my pregnancy but I was super excited to see that my weight has not changed. After the appointment Brian and I decided to grab some lunch and of course I had a Cheeseburger so the whole concept of weight gain I am sure just went out the window...But I had to do it!
Heartbeat - 157....high like a girl.....our doctor joked - but I am not going by that because Luke was between 150-155 throughout my whole pregnancy. As soon as our doctor said that and saw Brian's eyes she quickly made sure to mention that she was joking and all that stuff is a myth.
Blood Pressure- Don't exactly remember what it was, all I know is that it was still high, but lower than my 8 week appointment so at this point they are not putting me on blood pressure meds...just monitoring.
Baby Size - Based on what the doctor said.....I am on track to having another big baby. According to my ultrasound the baby is measuring 4 days ahead of schedule...which would make my due date 4/23...however they will not be changing this date...I am still scheduled for 4/27.
Other than that I was able to get the flu shot...thank god!!! I was unsure if I would be able to get one because of being pregnant. I have been feeling pretty good so far...just a couple of spouts of nausea and headaches.....but not too much to complain about.
As for my predictions.....I feel like I am having another boy because so far my pregnancy has been pretty similar to my first. Although I do have a incling of a girl sometimes because I look in the mirror and don't feel like I look like myself. If I had to tell you my gut...I would say boy. Don't worry folks....I will be finding out!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

yeah! so exciting! Addie's heartrate was mostly in the 150s but I think that stuff is totally a myth.

Samantha Scimeca said...

That's very cool Teresa! So far our heart rate has been anywhere from 150-160, and it's a boy. Who knows.. I can't wait to hear what you're having! Keep us posted!

Amanda said...

Only 8 weeks till we'll know for sure...it'll be here before we know it!

Anonymous said...

He/She already looks so cute!!!
Take it from mom... I thought Dom was a girl for sure.. and I thoutht one of you girls was a boy EVERY time.... ha!

Amanda D. said...

That is great! I remember those ultrasound pics and it was so exciting to see all the changes to come! Such an exciting time.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!!! I cannot wait to hear what you are having!

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting. I love that you are blogging this time for your pregnancy!