Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday to My Sweet LUKE

I woke up this morning, looked at Brian and said..."Where did the last 2 years go!" Everyone says they will go by quick and WOW they sure do. I just can not believe that my little man is 2 yrs old already! Isn't he so cute...I just ADORE him!!!!!




I do not consider myself to have a good memory but I swear I remember every single detail of the day/night Luke was born. I truly feel like it was yesterday that I held him in my arms and just stared in awe! How is it that Brian and I created such an Amazing, Beautiful little boy! In the past two years he has brought so much joy and laughter into our lives! I just can not image a day without seeing and thinking about his sweet little face. We are truly blessed to have him.



Now that he is two his personality and characteristics are REALLY starting to show. We are pretty sure he is going to be a Lefty, Loves playing outside, Loves to RUN, Very independent, he knows to pass off a sweet smile when he wants something and when to give you a blank stare when he has done something wrong...in fact he has mastered the "I didn't do it" look and the "I have no idea what you are talking about" look.


He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his Dad. When it is just the two of us, I can not begin to tell you how many times he will ask me "Where's Dada" or any time we see a truck (red, blue, yellow) he will ALWAYS point and say "Dada Truck". Just the simplest of words..."Bye, Bye Dada" make my heart just melt.

You see this is what I have always wanted, a little boy that wants to be like his Dad.... Like Brian he has a passion for sports....loves to throw basketballs, footballs, swing a golf club, the list goes on and on. He is very sweet and lovey when he wants to be and very demanding at times too! He is definitely a tough little guy....not one to fall down and cry...always picks himself back up and moves on.
Everyday is an adventure with my little guy and I would not have it any other way!!!!
Happy Birthday to my one and only Peanut Butter!!!!!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

That was so sweet! You little Peanut Butter's growing up! Sigh. I just love him so much too! If we are blessed with a son someday I hope he's as sweet and fun as Lukey!

Happy Birhtday!

P.S. love the pic running up the steps!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to little Lukey Bear. He is such a sweetie and we love watching him grow up. I can't believe he's going to be a big brother soon!

Anonymous said...

You wrote from the heart and nailed the feeling you have for a child... As I read it, I looked at that 1st pic on the blog of him in the little blue stripe sleeper and remember just how cute we all thought he was... and now we still do the same with every picture of our "sweet LUKE"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke!

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry I'm just commenting today, I thought about him all day yesterday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET LITTLE LUKEY! WE LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Lukey Bear!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my special nephew. I love you!

Amanda said...

He is really adorable, Teresa. And such a big boy! Look at him lifting that pumpkin. :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry I didn't get on to say Happy Bday sooner.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!