Luke had his 20 month Check-up on Saturday. 20 MONTHS!!!!....I can not believe it, I still feel like he was born yesterday.
He was very happy when we walked into the doctor's office and when we entered the check-up room....and then all of a sudden a sweet little nurse walked in our room and his whole mood changed....his bottom lip started to quiver and then tears and screams. He grabbed my neck and was holding on for dear life. It took most of my strength to pull him from my neck and get him on the scale for weight in, and then to lay him down so she could check his head size and height. She could see how uncomfortable he was so she did her measurments and was outta there in record time. As soon as she left the room, tears instantly went away and he was happy again.
I was a little unsure how he was going to act once the doctor came in the room becuase he usually never has melt downs at the doctor's office. I tried to get him interested in some of the books I brought which seemed to work because once Dr. Mary came in he was all smiles!
We went over a couple of milestones...how many words does he speak? how many ounces of milk a day? How is his eating? Favorite things to do?.....and a million more questions.
Quick check of the ears - some cloudy fluid in each
Quick check of his chest - a little raspy - sounds like he is just getting over a cold...Sure is!
Quick check of the heart, throat, breathing....all seems to be good....
We were given a mostly clean bill of health with the exception of the ears....so we are on another 5 day prescription and we will be back in 2 weeks. I feel like I am there all the time.
The Dr. also watched Luke walk to check his legs and feet. Luke has been pigeon toed ever since he could walk and finally his right foot is starting to turn straight! The left foot is still turned in a little, but from what they can tell the bones in his feet are straight so there is no need to invest in special shoes. Dr. Mary said over the next couple of months both feet will correct themselves and all will be good. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.
These are the stats...we are now rounding out in the height and weight...up until now we have always been in the 90% (Luke has always been a big kid)
Weight: 28 lbs (70%)
Height: 34 1/4 " (75%)
Becuase Luke was extremely well behaved when he saw the doctor (not so much with the nurse - I guess he did not like her).....she gave him 2 car stickers...we both walked out of there with smiles on our faces so we will see what happens in two weeks.
4 comments:
Thank goodness for a healthy boy! :)
PS: We started using our Dr. Brown bottles yesterday in hopes that they will also help with V's reflux symptoms. I know how big a fan you are!
Going so fast!
Wow Luke is almost a yard stick tall!!!! That's my big boy.
I can't believe he's 20 months already! He's growing up so fast!
Post a Comment