Monday, May 19, 2008

A Peaceful Ride

Luke is not a big fan of the car. He cries and whines pretty much the whole ride. It is complete agony when I am stuck in traffic and makes me feel horrible that I am unable to do anything for him while driving.

Yesterday my sister gave us a big surprise, she asked if I wanted to borrow her portable DVD player! YESSSSSS!! !!!!! She just purchased a brand spankin new - totally awesome MINI VAN that came with a T.V. already installed. So of course I jumped on it. We have been meaning to get one but have not had a chance. Angela hung the DVD player on the back of the passenger side seat...plugged in all the cords and popped in an Elmo DVD.
Luke LOVES Elmo. In fact, it seems to be the only movie/cartoon that he will actually sit and watch for 10-15 min at a time. I usually put Elmo on when I am trying to make dinner, do the dishes, laundry etc....anything to keep him preoccupied.
This morning as we were leaving, he practically jumped in his car seat and began to clap his hands and scream with excitement at the intro of Elmo "lalalala lalalal ELMO's World."

He sat and enjoyed the movie and did not make a peep. Finally a nice peaceful ride to work....no whining. I love my Lukey Bear but sometime early in the morning the whining is a little too much. It was wonderful. I actually do not dread our drive home in traffic! Thanks Auntie Angela and Uncle Josh! Don't worry when we are finished with the DVD player we will return it in one piece.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Nice surprise! That should help mommy feel a little stressed. :)

Anonymous said...

Elmo rocks, Raegan already loves him.

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING like a peaceful ride for YOU and LUKE. Glad your both happy. That was really super of Angela.

Jessica said...

wow... I need to try one of those!