
Before the first big snow storm hit this week, Brian, Luke & Callie all went outside to clean up the BILLIONS of leaves we have in our front and back yard. Luke loves being outside especially if he sees Brian out there.
What was more exciting was the fact that one of the houses in the background of the picture (the one on the left) almost burned down right before this picture was taken. It was crazy. These neighbors just moved in, maybe around a month ago. They raked a whole bunch of leaves into a pile extremely close to their house, lit a match and dropped it in the pile. They must have put some lighter fluid on the leaves or something because the fire flared up immediately. And then started to spread and spread and spread....like WILDFIRE. I swear I thought there home was going to go up in smoke, I stood a the window in shock watching them throw buckets and buckets of water on the pile and watched as the tried to put the fire out with dirt. I actually stood frozen in fear (as Mandy would put it) for a couple of seconds and then reached for the phone in the event I would need to dial 911. The fire did eventually die after about 4-5 mins but it was a close one! It was so close to their house that most of the siding from about eye level on down is all ruined from the heat. It made for a good laugh for the rest of the day and I have no picture to prove any of this, but I swear it happened!
2 comments:
Cleary you guys don't understand JUST how scary jellyfish are...they truly cause me to be "frozen with fear"
Guys, GUYS - I AM FROZEN WITH FEAR!
Post a Comment