It seems like Christmas was forever ago, probably since I am finally getting around to posting. We had a great Christmas. Luke kinda got it last year, but this year he TOTALLY GETS IT! Which makes it so much more special!. We went to Church and did okay with both kids. If you know my kids, you know that they do not sit still for very long. We did arrive at least 15 minutes early to try and get a seat because its always packed, and of course we had to stand, which I knew we would. We ended up having to go out into the lobby for the second half of mass because both kids were getting restless, but at least we made it through most of Church.I swear they were WONDERFUL the first 15 minutes before mass started..I kinda wish we would have just gotten there on-time and we would have probably made it the whole time without any crabby kids. Afterwards, we headed over to my Auntie Rosa's house to celebrate Xmas with my Dad's side of the family. This is always a good time with tons of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, kids and FOOD! Santa visited Christmas Eve and Luke was very excited. In the weeks leading up to Xmas every time we would see Santa at the mall he would wave and tell me that he was not ready to go by him...he kindly said "No thanks I will just wait until Xmas Eve" really I know he was just scared. But when Santa came to my Aunts house, Luke was ready. He waited patiently while Santa passed out gifts to all his cousins and finally he called his name. He walked right up to him, gave him a hug, sat on his lap and had a huge grin on his face. I was shocked he sat on his lap, because while Santa was passing out presents Luke told me that he was NOT going to sit on his lap or give him a hug, he was just going to give him knuckles, say thank you and take his gift...so when he went up there Brian and I were so proud of him. He is just priceless. Adriana on the other hand was a little freaked out. She was okay sitting nicely watching Santa, but when he called her name and I took her up to him...she cried and screamed so loud ...poor thing! Here are some pictures from the evening...
This was at the end of the night when we came home, it was late so I am surprised Luke was still awake. He made sure we left Santa a cookie and some milk...on Luke's favorite Spiderman plate cup.
Luke & Brian with Santa
Luke was a little confused that Auntie Fran was dressed like and elf...so I had to think of something quick..I mean real quick because he is at an age where he asks a million questions. So I told him that all the elves were getting Santa's sled ready for the BIG NIGHT and he called and asked if someone could help him pass out gifts. So he picked Auntie Fran to help because she kinda looks like an elf, and is a really good helper. He totally bought it.
Adriana is not happy about Santa...
Not happy at all!
But she sat beautifuly, just starting at him when her turn had passed.
My Sisteres & MomSome of the kids..

This is me trying to get some cute pictures of my kids all dressed up. As you can see they were not into taking pictures..our little Clark W..in his Xmas sweater..
And Adriana..refusing to stand up...It was killing me, she had this beautiful dress on and just wanted to sit on the floor.









2 comments:
C-Eve was so fun... It was darling how Adrianna cried,but made sure she tookt the "gift" from Santa! She wasn't afraid of that part!
The pics are the best...lovin the fam. pic.
I love how in the family pick, your niece has giant earmuffs on! Ade looks like one of the big kids in that pic with the cousins. So cute!
Post a Comment