Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We Got FREE Stickers in the Mail....

And Luke put them all on his face. He grabbed them off the table and said OH Mom are these for me...then walked into the playroom and screamed..Mom I have a surprise for you....and this is what came out with. Seriously I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!

Ouch...they kinda hurt coming off!
BTW he tried to put some on his cousin Liam's face, but he was not having any of it.




Speaking of stickers..does anyone remember having a sticker book? I had a book at sometime in my childhood. My favorite stickers were the puffy Cabbage Patch Kids & Care Bears...Oh and the Smurfs. The crazy thing is somehow my Mom found some old stickers of ours and put them in the family Cookbook she made for all of her girls when we got married. Its just a small gesture...but one that I love and appreciate...opening up my cookbook...which is not very often I must say...I am not the best cook in the family (that is a story for another post), anyway when I open up the cookbook, I notice random Smurf stickers that just take me back.
Instead of giving my kids a sticker book, we have a sticker bin in the playroom. Its just a random clear plastic bin that holds toys but it is covered in stickers. Every time Luke gets stickers he puts them on there....its pretty cute.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Too funny...if Nick was a commenter, he'd tell you that I do the same thing whenever we get those Visa applications with the little Visa card stickers. And he wouldn't be lying. Me and Lukey have something in common!

Kelly said...

I love how serious his face is in those pictures. I may or may not still have my sticker folder laying around here somewhere...