Friday, August 20, 2010

Florida- Naples & Disney

We are back from our Florida trip and finally uploading pictures. It was definitely an adventure traveling with two kids....I was able to pack all four of our clothes, shoes, bathing suits etc into two suitcases...not bad. As we are getting ready to leave the house, I am walking around doing some last minute clean-up and making sure we have everything. I give Brian the "go ahead" to start putting everything in car and I tell him, please put the double stroller in the car. So we head out...On time and making our way to the airport. We are about 15 mins to the airport and Brian says in a very calm, relaxed tone "So do we need a stroller....what are we going to do about a stroller." I then start to panic and go into my "are you serious, please tell me you are joking...you did not put the stroller in the car??" Yep that's right, we forgot the double stroller! A three year old who is pretty good about walking with us and a 16 month old who wants to run away from us every chance she gets. This is going to be interesting.

So we get through customs and on the plane and already I can tell the people around us are pretty annoyed that they are stuck sitting by two children. Luke was awesome on the plane..he colored and watched TV, while little Miss Adriana did NOT sit still AT ALL. She was back and forth from my seat to Brian's seat. She wanted to run up and down the aisle...basically I was just praying we would make it out of that plane alive. To make a long story short...we finally arrive in Naples, run to WM to purchase a stroller and head straight to the pool. Whew we made it..time to relax.

We wake up Friday morning and begin our decent to Orland for a couple of days. Three hours later we arrive in Disney and Luke and Adriana are in HEAVEN! We went to Downtown Disney that first night to shop and hang out...let me just say before you check out these pictures...It was raining pretty hard....and nobody looks cute in the rain..so keep that in mind. On Saturday we went to Magic Kingdom for the day. It was so fun, but it was HOT, I mean Africa hot..one step outside and sweat was pouring off me...so again..the pictures are not that great...but oh well. We had an awesome time....here are some pictures...more to come...BTW they will be in random order because I am not fighting with blogger.

Adriana LOVES Minnnie...



The kids next to Zurg from Toy Story..BTW we saw tons of characters but did not get any pictures of them because....it was TOOO HOT to wait in line to see them. When I was little I remember the characters just walking around randomly..now you have to wait in a huge line to take a picture with them.



On Luke's favorite ride...the Buzz Lightyear ride. I had to sneak this picture because there is no flash photography allowed on the rides, but we got stuck on the ride for about 10 minutes...it was great to be on an air conditioned ride verses out in heat.


Riding Dumbo....yes that is a pacifier in Adriana's mouth...somehow on this trip we became ADDICTED to the tuti...but that story is for a different post.



Luke at the Harley Davidson store in downtown Disney....he asked me a million times if I could buy him a bike.....Um NOOOOO!!!


Again in Downtown Disney....Woody


Everyone has to try on Mickey Hats in Disney..this is probably one of the few pictures of the four of us. Not quite sure why but it is. Please excuse our nastiness....and the fact that this tank is so stretchered from the rain it looks like I have a huge stomach.....it was pouring outside.




MINNIE! Every time we walked past Minnie, Adriana would scream MINNIE, MINNIE like crazy. It was so cute.
More Downtown Disney





I have a ton more pictures that I will post, but these are just a few that I uploaded. More FL posts to come..stay tuned

4 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE the four of you in your mouse ears! NERDS! Looks like such a fun time.

JILL said...

Jacob and I both looked at these together and we are BOTH SO envious!!! What a wonderful trip!!! (Jacob especially loved the pic of Adriana with all the Minnies)

nonna said...

Glad you had a good trip!

Jessica said...

Looks SO fun!!! You'll have to shed some light on where to go and what to do - we're going next year!

BTW, Lukey in those big boy flips is amazing!