Thursday, April 15, 2010

Luke & Adriana...so similar yet so different...


So they say you should not compare your children....but as the days go by I am constantly saying to myself..."wow they are so similar"....or "oh my God they are so different". By comparing them I am in no shape or form saying I think one is better than the other...I am just merely comparing their personalities, milestones etc. I feel it is necessary to write this stuff down in my blog since I am horrible at keeping up with their baby books and feel that this blog is their insight as to what it was like when they were younger..Okay now I am just babbling .you get the point. Hopefully when they are older and are reading this they will appreciate these fun tidbits about themselves...I know that I get a kick out of how different and similar me and my siblings are (Don't worry Ang, Fran, Rose & Dom, I will not get into it, just know that I am #1...always have been and always will be!) Moving on....


Luke & Adriana's Similarities



They both have somewhat similar sleeping habits - which I heard they get from their mother - GREAT!
*Adriana did not sleep through the night until almost 9 mths
* Luke did a little better sleeping through the night finally around 6-7 months.but is a champ now!!

Both got their teeth very early (around 3 months)

Both walked very early...Luke does take the cake on this one walking at 10 mths, Adriana at 11mths

Both very loveable

Lots of energy

Never! ....Ever! sit still...neither of my kids were ones to just chill on your lap. - Drives me crazy a little bit

Lots of hair at birth - we all know Adriana had quite a bit more...but both definitely gave me tons of heartburn during pregnancy!!!

 
Luke & Adriana's Differences

 
Adriana loves the tuti (pacifier) - Luke wanted nothing to do with them

Luke not really shy at all , in fact he will scream "Hi There, Where are you going" to a random person driving by...something I am trying to fix- Adriana very shy with strangers

Luke very independent - Adriana Stage 5 Clinger!!!

Luke horrible napper -would cry for 45 minutes before falling asleep - Adriana beautiful napper...hardly ever cries...just rolls over and goes to sleep.

Luke - very picky eater - Adriana - so far so good. She pretty much eats whatever I put in front of her

Luke’s teeth are perfectly straight...Adriana almost perfect.one is a little crooked - sorry sweets!

Luke out of his infant car seat by 10 months - Adriana still rocking it!

Luke was a chunky monkey, Adriana not as chunky

With all of their similarities and differences I love them both the same and would not change one thing about them!!!! It think it is kind of neat to see how similar and different siblings are.

Just look at these two...they could be twins..
 
Luke
 

Adriana


Luke


Adriana


2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love this post. I can't believe how similar they looked when born!!

Nonna Mia said...

Yeah alike....but not....But still same in the "cute as a button" area.