Thursday, April 1, 2010

Conversations with Luke

Sometimes Luke says the funnies things...I have to say, now that he is three and can have a normal conversation with me, life is just a little bit more interesting...these are some of the things he has said in the past week that were hilarious to me. They may not seem so funny written down but at the time they are priceless and sometimes a little clever!!!

Walking into the Barrington Park District to see the Easter Bunny:


Luke: Mom is this where the Easter Bunny lives?

Me: No Luke he does not live here...he

Luke cutting me off: OHHHH is this where we works out?

Me: You got it..this is where he works out..he needs exercise too!

**************************************************************

Sitting at the DMV waiting to get our License Plate  sticker

Luke: Mom do you have any cheerios?

Me: Yes they are in the diaper bag

Luke grabs the plastic container and proceeds to open it.

Me: Please be careful and do not spill the Cheerios all over the floor...we do not want to get in trouble.

Luke: Okay...but do they have a Time Out here?

Me: Yes they do

Luke: Oh where???

Me: In that corner with those crazy people over there

Luke starring at the corner...a little scared: I promise I won't spill this Mommy because I am NOT going into a Time Out over there!!!

He gets a chuckle from 3 creepos sitting by us!



****************************************************

Luke walking out of the bathroom...

Luke: Hey Mom....does Ade have one of these??...pulling down his pants pointing at his private parts

Me....thinking OMG do I really need to explain this???? Great here we go: Luke, please pull up your pants, we do not walk out of the bathroom showing off our private parts. And no Adriana does not have the same private parts as you.

Luke: Ohhh so how does she go Pee??

Me: Remember we talked about Boys standing up to go potty and Girls sitting down???

Luke: Yeah...I stand up and Ade goes in her diaper cause she is too little and will fall in the toilet

Me: Riiiigggggghhhhhttt Girls and Boys are different and when you are older we can talk about it. But for now, let’s keep our private parts private.

Luke: Ok

At this moment, I don't know what to say or how to answer these questions, I just want to bust out laughing. His questions and responses are so genuine, so honest, and so VERY CURIOUS!!!!  These are some of the moments that I never want to forget....Ahhh life with a 3 year old.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

The Easter Bunny working out one is my fav - Lukey is too funny!

Amanda said...

OMG what a hoot! :)

Kelly said...

Those are hilarious! Isn't it nice that your son thinks that the Easter Bunny works out? What a good example you and Brian are setting by going to the gym all the time.

Kelly said...

Also, I like your new photo of you and Brian.

nonna mia said...

Kids say the cutest things....
You have heard the saying
"Out of the mouth of babes"