Monday, December 21, 2009

8 months


The months are just flying by!  Adriana is already 8 months and changing everyday!   These are some of the things we are doing now....

We are still growing her hair out...and its always in her face!




She holds her own bottle.




Pulls herself up on anything and everything...furniture, the toilet, stools, my leg, stairs, toys, Luke...Callie....


She is starting to eat real food. First I started her on Puffs and she does a really good job of picking them up, just not getting them in her mouth.  She also really likes Gerber Graduate Cheese puffs!  Which I have to say are pretty good!  I am starting to give her more food everyday. So far she has had cheese, cottage cheese, and some pasta..all of which she likes!  Its funny I was so hesitant to start Luke on real food for a long time...but with Adriana I have no fear....It must be the second child thing.





We have three teeth so far...two on the bottom and one on the top and another one trying to poke through on  top.  All of these little teeth are keeping her up at night...I think. Which brings me to the sleeping update....as soon as I think its getting a little better another tooth comes in.  So far she has slept through the night ONE time..yes a total of ONE night.  Our nightly routine pretty much goes like this......she goes down around 7:30, I would prefer later but she is ready at that time.  Then usually up crying...standing in her bed around midnight,  I usually let her cry it out or sneak in there..put the tuti back in her mouth and lay her down. She will go back down until about 3:30 - 4:30 and then CRY and CRY and CRY until I can't take it anymore....or Luke gets up.  As horrible as a sleeper Luke was...he was never this bad.  Its pretty sad to hear her cry because she is really a good baby.  I have to say Adriana hardly ever cries during the day..we may have a couple of whines when she is hungry or when a toy is taken away from her, but for the most part she is a happy baby, so it breaks my heart to hear her cry in the middle of the night.





 
Still follows Luke around and wants to play with him all the time!  I know he is just dying for her to get a little older so she can run around with him.  As for Luke..he has started to pick her up...which is really cute and really scary at the same time!  I try to limit this as much as possible. Such a good older brother.

Here's a fun one...she is starting to hate baths...I think its because she now realizes that I have to rinse the shampoo out of her hair and sometimes water gets in her eyes...she is constantly trying to get out of the tub. I think she is going to be a shower girl!

Also...she is a clapper...she loves to clap her hands and bounce up and down...its so darn cute. Now we need to master the wave.

Speaking...not too many words have come out of her mouth...except for DA every once in a while and I swear in her sweet  baby talk I have heard her say HEY, or at least thats what it sounds like.

As for right now that is all I can think of!  So many milestones in just one month!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

That second pic of her is absolutely adorable! She is growing up so fast. I swear that Ella also says, "hey." I can't belive she is eating pasta and cottage cheese.

nonna said...

Gosh she does so much already....

Kellie said...

She is so stinkin cute. Try the teething tablets, they help at night.

Mandy said...

She is such a big girl already - I feel like it happened over night! Keep an eye on her, I might just sneak her out in my coat one of these days!

Jessica said...

I can't get over how much she looks like a little girl in the pic where she's holding her bottle. Man, time flies.

Sara said...

I can't beliebe she is 8 months!!! Love the pics. Our blog has been updated!!! There are 3 posts!!

JILL said...

I cannot believe she is 8-months. She is such a doll. I could never imagine her without any hair- even as a newborn...because she had a head full even then. wow- how time flies.