Thursday, June 25, 2009

2 Months ALREADY

Adriana is already two months and growing like a weed! Its crazy, two months have flown by and yet I feel like she has always been with us. At first I was expecting my world to be turned upside down juggling two kids, and some days it is, but to be honest right now it feels like we have a pretty good handle on this. I say this right now...knowing that at any minute utter chaos can breakout. Also please note that both kids are asleep and the house is quiet as I write this. Ha!

We had our two month check-up the other day. Adriana is already 12lbs (75th percentile) and 22 inches (50th percentile). She is starting to hold her head up pretty good....not 100% there yet but getting close! She is cooing and smiling more and more everyday, and get this...I am actually getting some sleep. She is starting to sleep a little more every night as the weeks go by. I am now only getting up one time a night, usually around 4 am...so she is sleeping around 5-6 hours a night. This is huge for me considering Luke was a HORRIBLE sleeper when he was her age.

Once again, I love my pediatrician I asked for some formula samples and they gave me 4 cans! The nurses always hook me up...I now always try to pack my diaper bag light when I go to the doctor because I have to hide the samples they gives me...wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble. She also gave me another bottle of Tylenol, and tons of this new baby wash/shampoo. At the moment I can not remember what it is call, but it should help with Adriana's baby eczema....she has a little on her face, but hopefully this wash will help it go away.

Our two month check-up ended with a couple of shots which left Adriana not so happy. It broke my heart to see her bottom lip quiver when they poked her in the leg. But she made it through them and enjoyed a nice long nap...... followed by a slight fever, which lead her to her first taste of something other than formula...Grape Tylenol! Yummy...after she sucked it down she grinned from ear to ear! Priceless!


My two little sweethearts....by the blank looks on their faces I have a feeling they are going to be Partners in Crime one day...

3 comments:

THEIR NONNA said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY PRICESS AGAIN.. I KNOW I JUST SAW HER,BUT SHE LOOKS SO CUTE IN THE PIC WITH LUKE, I FEEL LIKE I MISS HER..
THEY ARE DARILING TOGETHER!

Amanda said...

Love her PJs! :) Glad to hear that things are going smoothly....hope we follow in your footsteps.

Anonymous said...

That picture is absolutely adorable! She is getting so big. I can't believe it's been 2 months already!