This past weekend some of the girls and I took a nice little trip for some relaxation time! We left Friday late afternoon and headed up to Geneva... I seriously had no idea how close Geneva is to us, I think it took us maybe and hour...anyway.....Me, Jill, Jess, Mandy & Kelly all made the road trip and stayed at the cutest place called The French Country Inn. Since we were 5 girls we had adjoining rooms right next to each other....we put all the preggos in one room (Me, Kelly & Jess) and the two nons (Jill & Mandy) in another. Once we got there we started to unpack and get settled in when all of a sudden I found myself alone in our room and not a second later I heard a "hey Teres, come in here" as I walked to through the adjoining doors I noticed tons of pink streamers, wine (both non and alcoholic beverages), cookies and tons of cute PINK gift bags...then came the "SURPRISE". The girls put together a cute little girly shower for me since I am completely lacking "pink" stuff at my house. It was a total shock and surprise to me! I unfortunately do not have any pictures...I am sure they will show up on the girls blogs.....but I did take a picture of all of the adorable gifts they gave me....clothes, hair bows, socks, books, onesies and a BUMBO SEAT...which I was really excited about. I did not get one when I had Luke and have heard people rave about them...and of course its in my signature color PURPLE.
As soon as I took the Bumbo seat out of the box, Luke pretty much tried to claim it as his own....I let him sit in it....I am surprised he fit. He really liked it too.

All the cute gifts! 
I have to send out a BIG Thank You to Kelly, Mandy, Jess & Jill for making me feel so special and loved with this wonderful surprise. You girls really are great friends and I am truly blessed to have you in my life! I love all of you girls!
After that we all went to the Hotel Restaurant for some dinner, drinks and Lots of Laughs! All I have to say is 1) OMG, 2) Get Over It, 3) Get Excited & 4) Love Ya.....just a little inside joke that came out of the evening.....one I probably will not forget!
Saturday was filled with tons of relaxation at a Spa in town. I had a prenatal massage and it was great....at one point, I even forgot that I was PG.....this was then followed by food, shopping and naps (well I think I only got in about 20 mins) I wish I was better at naps! More dinner, drinks & laughs followed that evening and then a big breakfast Sunday and some shopping and our weekend was over....it flew by! It was so nice to get away and be amongst girlfriends....no kids, no husbands, no drama....no schedules.....just a fly by the seat of your pants kind of weekend. Those are the best vacations!
For some reason I had my camera with me but never took it out.....with the exception of these two pics......I think Jill was getting ready when these pics were taken - sorry Jill. Make sure to check the other blogs...b/c I know group shots and others will turn up.
Also I am officially turning into a Hair Bow freak...I saw Mandy's little girl Addison in a mesh headband and big flower and instantly fell in love....then Mandy surprised me with one for Adriana....and then I found these at one of the stores....I love them...sorry for the picture being turned....it would not cooperate. 
A big thanks goes to Jill for getting this together! Thanks for a great weekend girls, I can't wait for our next outing!
7 comments:
That was so wonderful of your gal friends. Glad you all got away...I think you are one special group. Each and every one a loving and caring friend to each other.
Yay! We love you too Teres and can't wait to see Adriana in the hair bows!!! Accessorizing a little girl is the best!!
fun I'm jealous!
Looks like you girls had a great time! Sorry I missed it.
That bumbo pic is hilarious - can't wait to see how Luke is with sharing his stuff and YOU!
Aren't friends fun!
It was a great time. I am planning on posting some pics tonight. I have a few of you opening presents...
How thoughtful! A girl needs her accessories! :)
Post a Comment