Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Luke's New Favorite Phases

Me: C'mon Luke its time to get dressed

Luke: No, Not Yet (as he waves his had at me)

Me: Lets change your diaper

Luke: No, Not Yet

Me: Its lunch time Luke, we need to sit down and eat

Luke: No, Not Yet


NOT YET was a phase he heard last week...and this week it has been....


Me: Luke its time to get dressed

Luke: I can't

Me: why not??

Luke: I can't

Me: Okay lets change your diaper and then get dressed

Luke: No I can't ...as he runs away

Now he is getting really good at putting phases together....

Me: Luke I know you have a hard time getting dressed by yourself so I will help you

Luke: No I can't....not yet Mommy!

Me: YES YOU CAN!, now get over here.....all the while I am thinking to myself...OMG I sound like Obama

Me: Lets run to the store...get your coat on

Luke: No not yet....I can't.....I put coat on later

There's another one he is famous for...LATER

Me- Yesterday at McDonalds Playland - Luke its time to go

Luke: Not Yet Mommy, we go home Later

There you have it....some of our daily banter back and forth. I always said I could not wait for Luke to speak...but I think the talking back is starting a little too early for me. I have to say, its was cute the first time around. I actually thought OMG he understands what I am saying and is able to respond back....but now the cuteness has worn off....

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow - he's already got some really good comebacks...what's in store for the future?

Kelly said...

You are so funny - you sound like Obama. I love the new background.

Anonymous said...

He's got it down. How funny!

Amanda said...

LOL....Sounds like he knows what he wants!

Mandy said...

Nice...a good strong boy who knows what he wants (or doesn't want). Love it.

Anonymous said...

We have the same thing going on! I love that you can have little conversations with them. Bella gets a little mean and says no way! don't touch my hair! your a bad girl/boy! which the last one cracks me up! cuz she has her finger pointing too!