Thursday, November 13, 2008

We're Back

We are back from our California trip and had a great time....although the weather ended up being cold....(totally not expecting that since the whole week before was in the 80's) but we made the best of it and had so much fun.

We flew into LA and did some touring around Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive and even ventured up into the Hills to see some LARGE homes. Then met up with Brian's Cousin Steven and his family as well as his Aunt who live in Palos Verdes. We went to see their house which is up in the hills with a spectacular view of the ocean and Catalina Island. Of course I forgot to pull out the camera! But their view was awesome!

The next day we headed south for San Diego....the 2hr drive was along the coast almost the whole way so we enjoyed views of the oceans and mountains. We stayed at the Hyatt at Mission Bay which was about 5 minutes from downtown San Diego.

Along the way we stopped at the famous golf course that is home to Phil Mickelson.....Brian was super excited about this....and maybe a tiny bit disappointed that he did not bring his clubs. I know he was dying to play there. We did so many things - too many to write about...here are some pictures from our trip



A view from one of the restaurants we ate at...You can't see it here...but this was in La Joella where sea lions and seals hang out on the rocks....after lunch we took a walk down there and counted 15 seals, just hanging out......it was so cool!



We went to the San Diego Zoo and saw tons of Animals......



We were sitting watching the polar bears play when all of a sudden, the largest bear walked over to the food pit, grabbed a large sweet potato, jumped in the water and swam right up to us at the window. He just sat there an enjoyed his sweet potato staring at us the whole time. (btw, no clue why this is underlined...but I can't get it to go away). I think the bear likes me.


The cute Panda Bears.....



Downtown San Diego....Gas Lamp District - tons and I mean tons of Bars and restaurants! Then of course...leave it to me to find Little Italy in the city.



Some beach pics...this is my husband pretending to surf because it was too cold to get in the water....take a good look at this guy....but he is all mine ladies!!!!





Sitting on the beach all snuggled up.

I have a ton more pictures so maybe I will do a couple more posts next week.
It was such a nice get-away to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary!

9 comments:

Amanda D. said...

Very Nice! Looks like you had a great time!

Jessica said...

Of course that Polar Bear loves you! HA! Great trip - post more pics. B was so cute on the beach!

Jessica said...

Welcome back, btw.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip! Great pics. I love polar bears

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you guys snuggled on the beach. So cute :)

Mandy said...

The self portrait is SO cute. Love the panda bears!

Anonymous said...

So many great pics..Glad you two got away... All MY PLEASUE haveing Luke...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time!!! very beautiful there!

Kelly said...

You should make that last pic your couple pic for your blog. It is so good. That polar bear is ridiculous. What a great photo. I love how you're both rockin the shorts/sweatshirts.