
Its official...no more Crocs....Luke has finally given in and put gym shoes on...THANK GOD. We walked into Stride Rite in a good mood or so we thought.
Clerk: Hi there ...can I help you
Me: Yes we are looking for some shoes for my son....he needs to be measured b/c I am not sure what size he is anymore.
Brian: C'mon Luke....take your shoe off
Luke: (starting to have a complete meltdown) NO, NO, NO....my crocs....
Clerk: its okay honey, lets just measure your feet...c'mon can I see your toes
Luke: NO!
Brian: Look Buddy - I will measure my foot first.
Brian trying to slam his monster foot into the foot measurement contraption
Me: Oh my look at Daddy's big feet...its your turn Luke...can I see your feet???
Luke is trying anything and everything to get away and not get his foot measured or his croc off.
At this point Luke is now screaming having a complete meltdown as if we were going to cut his foot off. After a couple of glances between Brian and the Clerk....and in complete shock over his meltdown ...all over new shoes...Brian decides to take charge and takes his shoes off, whether he likes it or not. After that was said and done...Luke is now a 8 WIDE.
So the Crocs are off...we pick two shoes that we like - the clerk goes into the back and we cross our fingers that we are going to get out of this store in one piece. Luke has finally calmed down and is now playing with all the toys in the store.
The clerk comes back out with only one pair....of course the pair that I loved did not come in his size...but the more expensive pair did...how ironic! Oh well....we were just so anxious to get any pair on his feet with out another meltdown. SUCCESS! No crying, no screaming....Luke let Brian put both shoes on without a fuss (not the clerk - for some reason he did not like her). I really wish you could see how stupid Brian and I looked once the shoes were on....there were lots of cheers and clapping..."Yay Luke...big boy shoes!" He glances at them, glances at us and starts to clap and say YAYYYY! And with that...I tucked the Blue Crocs into the diaper bag without Luke seeing and we all walked out of there with a brand new pair of shoes!
I seriously never thought in my life that SHOES were going to be an issue with a BOY!!!!
He really likes his shoes now...he walked into Nonna's house this morning all proud...and the first thing he said "Nonna, Nonna....Shoes...Shoes!"
6 comments:
That's awesome ... congrats Luke!! Though I'm trying to figure out just what a "foot measurement contraception" is ...?
Luke always comes around....
He was pretty proud of those new shoes!!
I meant foot measurement contraption..Now i have to go in and change it!
I guess when a boy knows what he likes, he KNOWS what he likes!
I love that you call the salesperson a clerk. You guys are such good parents - celebrating his little victory. Aren't you kind of picky about your shoes too?
Post a Comment