Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July

Our 4th of July weekend was filled with events.

We started out with Fireworks at the Palatine Fest ....you know we have to have our fun traditions...this picture is the front half of our 'family" circle. We get together every year for the fireworks....I grew up seeing these Fireworks...it is my fondest memory of the 4th. My siblings, cousins and I would run around the fest playing games and riding the rides every year. Over the years we have realized that the tennis courts right next to the Palatine Police Station is the best spot to see the fireworks. So the Bartilotta crew always knows to meet around there. Luke has never seen fireworks so I was interested to see how he would do....and of course he LOVED them. After all the big ones he would yell "Yay" followed by lots of claps!



On the actual fourth, our subdivision had a bike parade and then an ice cream social at the park...so we watched the parade (Luke is a little too young to participate) so we sat on our driveway and waved to the police escort (he liked the sirens) followed by at least 40 kids...it was so cute...then we headed over to the park for the ice cream. There was also a fire truck, ambulance and police car for the kids to see and climb into. Luke loved the fire truck.

Which was so fitting for the day because early that morning (around 4:00 a.m.) our fire alarm went off. We jumped out of bed in sheer panic, Brian ran down to check Luke's room - realized that there was no fire....then continued to search the house - no fire, no smoke, not even a scent of any danger....My guess is that maybe a spider crawled into the alarm and triggered it somehow....our alarms are so sensitive...you turn the stove on in our house and they go off. We did mention it to the firemen at the social and they agreed with our thoughts and suggested changing the batteries... since we have not in 3 years. So we did...right away. We changed 8 of them. We have 8 fire alarms how crazy is that!



Me and Luke in the Fire Truck.....it was pretty cool. I wanted to honk the horn but they would not let me.



Maybe he will be a fireman someday ??? Do you like his shirt "WARNING! Irish Temper, Italian Attitude" got to love it!



This is a short clip of Brian and Luke walking back to our house from the ice cream social....I am trying to get him to scream "Happy 4th of July!"


After a long nap for Luke, we headed over to Kelly & Buzz's place to hang out with friends.

Two little sweeties! Luke & Ellie all decked out for the 4th!

They are so cute and play so well together. Thanks Kelly & Buzz having us over. We had a great time!We relaxed the rest of the weekend, BBQ'd and visited the pool.

Luke was wiped out from all the fun!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

He was so cute at the pool...I loved it when he jumped off the side to me!

Anonymous said...

Totally forgot about the picture I have of you both...its so cute, I will post it!

Anonymous said...

Totally forgot about the picture I have of you both...its so cute, I will post it!

Amanda said...

Happy 4th, Gormsens! Looks like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

You guys have such fun Holiday weekends/traditions!!!!! What great memories for Luke.

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. Sounds like a fun weekend!

Jessica said...

Little sweatheart.

Anonymous said...

Looks like there was quite a bit of fun for ALL of you on the
4th... Oh and yes the Palatine Fireworks ..... It's odd to be there with my CHILDREN'S children cheering on the fireworks. The day comes fast...