Thursday, June 26, 2008

Operation Bottle Return - In Progress

I am back from the store and still have 11 bottles in my car.

But that's okay I am not upset, I added my name to an extremely long list of people waiting for bottles. Basically what the girl told me was that I either could get 11 new bottles when the next shipment came in or $50 worth of new bottle merchandise (any BPA brand). Not quite sure where she came up with that dollar amount. The cost that I have seen for a single Dr. Brown Bottle is $5.49. If you multiply that by 11 I should be awarded $60.39 to be exact. Instead of switching up my whole feeding system, I am going to be patient and wait for my Dr. B's.

I have to admit, I was not completely surprised by this outcome, Mandy had given me a heads up that she went through the same thing last week. I tried to look for her name , just to see where she was on the list, but the girl was flipping the pages so fast I could barely get a glimpse!

Why rush to the store if I already somewhat knew the outcome....good question...let me explain, the woman I work with that works part-time at BRU said that because of the overwhelming response of consumers coming to the store trying to do what I am doing is getting out of hand. BRU may not be able to accomodate our request for new bottles and may not be doing this for much longer, so I better get in there ASAP.

So I am currently on the list. Mandy good news for you, the girl said I would probably only have to wait about a week - week & 1/2 . Since you are way up on the list you should have your bottles soon! I will keep you posted as this Operation is not complete.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for the update Teres-I was starting to worry that Addison was going to have NO BOTTLES when she got here b/c I really want to use Dr. Browns!

Anonymous said...

When we were registering a girl at BRU told us about that. I saw they had some new BPA free ones listed on the shelves but there were barely any left- . Guess I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some.

Anonymous said...

So glad I read this. I had no idea.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are on top of thihgs.... get all your bottles replaced.. when and whatever it takes..

Amanda D. said...

Does Buy Buy Baby have them in stock?