We are rounding out our first month in Daycare and it seems to be going okay. The first week was great, no crying, no problems - Luke Loved It. Its been a little downhill the past couple of weeks, but nothing to be to worried about.
Luke now realizes that I have and will continued to drop him off there 3 times a week and now cries every time I leave. It is the most heart breaking thing ever! To see his little tears coming out of his eyes and his arm stretched out reaching for me, and then seeing the teacher pick him up and console him...my heart just breaks. But you have to do it, the longer I linger and say goodbye, the worse he is. His teacher Mrs. Diana always wants you to say goodbye and not just sneak out so he will learn to trust that I will come back. Also, to probably save her the freak out after 10 mins when he realizes I am gone. Hey whatever works...I will do.
Other than that, we have been called twice to come and pick him up because of high temperatures (104, 103.5) The rule is if his temp is above 101.3, he has to go home. Over the past two weeks we have survived double ear infections, runny noses, fevers , and I swear we have a molar coming in. I pretty much expected this as Luke adjusts to being around a ton of new germs. I am hoping we are through the worst of it. As of today, everyone is healthy!
At the end of each day when I pick-up Luke, I find a Pre-Toddler Daily Activity Report in his cubie. This is what yesterday's report said:
Lunch: Beef Mac - ate 1/2
Peas - NONE- not surprising Luke is not a fan of Veggies
Pears - ALL - he LOVES Fruit
Milk - drank 1/2
*they do feed him breakfast and snacks, but this is never listed on the report..not sure why.
Diapering: I won't go into detail about this, but it lists the times they changed him and if it was a W (wet) BM (bowel movement), D (bad blowout)
Language Arts - My teacher read the book Celebrate through Heartsongs to increase my vocabulary
Cognitive Development - I counted hearts on flash cards to increase my cognitive skills
Creative Art - I played with Whipped Cream at the table to use my creative art skills - I have a feeling Luke loved doing this
Music/Movement - I listened to loud and soft music on a CD Player to use my music skills
Motor Skills-I did the "snake" pose in yoga to use my fine motor skills - I would love to see this move
Social Science - I learned to say "song" in Spanish "Cancion" to use my social skills - I have yet to hear this word
Nature Studies - I watched the shadows outside on the playground to use my nature skills - I can not see Luke doing this
Self- Help/Life Skills - I tried to put my own coat on to go outside - Now I can see him doing this, because he does this at home
*Now for the stuff that I KNOW is my son....."Luke enjoyed building block towers and knocking them down." and for the kicker....as I was getting him ready to go...Mrs. Diane (his teacher) tells me
(Teacher) "Luke was a little whinny after lunch......... probably because he was being a little bullied"
(Me) " What? Bullied, by who?"
me silently thinking OMG its starting already, who the heck was bulling my son? I hope he did not take it!
(Teacher) " Oh no need to be worried, after lunch Rune kept pulling on Luke's shirt, I guess he was in his way. Luke did not like it"
(Me) " And did Luke do anything back"
(Teacher) " Oh yeah he pushed him a couple of times, we are now finding out that Luke is not always sweet and innocent"
(Me) "Well I would hope not if he is being bullied"
Then she assured me that Ms. Michelle (the other teacher) intervened and put Rune in a time-out for being mean to Luke. Poor Luke, but I know he is not the type of kid to let anyone push him around.
And you are probably wondering about the name RUNE, there are so many different names in his class...there is an Aiden - I usually see Luke playing with him, and Tarzana - I have not seen this kid and do not know if this is a girl or boy, ..then there is a Hannah (she is a cutie), Jackson (always seems to be crying when I get there), Josh, Sara etc. And if you can imagine this, Luke is the tallest and biggest kid in the class...So hilarious!
4 comments:
Wow. That school sounds amazing.
Get em Lukey!!!
When I worked at a day care I always wondered if the parents even looked at those sheets....I guess they do!
Tarzana????? Are you kidding me?
I have to say my heart ached when I read about those teary eyes.
Luke is a tooper and I miss him, but I am sure he gets more out of the day care than at Nonna's
BUT I STILL MISS HIM ...
XOXOX'S TO YOU LITTLE LUKE...
Post a Comment