Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A New Day

Luke's first day of School is today at the Goddard School! Well technically its DayCare but it makes me feel better to call it school...not that I want him to grow up any faster...

So last night I packed his bag and went over the Checklist
Pillow - Check
Blanket - Check
Doctor Paperwork- Check
Spare change of Clothes - Check
Diapers - Check
Wipes -Check
Balmex - Check
Over sized Painting Shirt - Check (this is my favorite item on the checklist- I can not wait to
start getting artwork from Luke, I will keep it on my fridge for everyone to enjoy)
Large Payment Check - check :(

So this morning bright and early we woke Luke up and got him dressed...which we don't normally do, we usually drop him off at our families homes with PJ's on and then they change him. Its just easier in the morning.

Anyway, we pulled up and went into the Butterfly Room....emptied our supplies in Luke's Cubbie and while I was finishing up, I noticed Luke was already playing with the toys...Yes! I thought great start. We met his teacher Ms. Diane...(very nice) and some other kids.

There was another dad in the room along with the teacher and so it started:

Random Dad: Are you sure he is in the Butterfly Room?

Me: Um, yes this is where they told me to come

Teacher: How old is he because he looks to big to be in here

Me: He is 16 months...why how old are all the rest of the kids?

Random Dad: Wow he is only 16 months??? He is a big kid

Teacher: Oh all the kids in the Butterfly room are between 13-17mths. So he is in the right place...my what a tall boy you are.

Me: Oh gosh I really am not around too many kids so I guess I did not realize how big he really is compared to the "peanuts" in the room. He must take after his Dad in the height dept.

So there you have it folks...Luke is the biggest/tallest kid in the class...which made me proud (because I was always the smallest) and sad at the same time (OMG my Luke is growing up so fast). In all honestly the other kids were so tiny, I hope this does not mean Luke is going to be the Bully.

And with that I was getting myself prepared to leave, keeping my fingers crossed Luke was not going to bust out in tears because I am pretty sure I would have too...But to my surprise he did not! The sweet teacher picked Luke up and was like "wave to Mommy" and so he did with his cute little bear claw...and then melted my heart with a sweet "bye"............and that was it!...he was okay.....off he went to play with the blocks. Of course I was Like YESSSSS MY KID IS THE TALLEST AND TOUGHEST!!!! I am just hoping he does not realize in an hour that he is in a strange place and goes crazy! I hope every Tues, Wed, & Thursday is like this!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG. Lukey-Bear in daycare school already. I can't believe it. What a brave BIG BOY!! Congrats to Tere & Brian for raising a nice boy that can be independant!

Mandy said...

yeah, I was thinking about you this morning!!! Good for Lukey!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! What a big boy! How proud I would be!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of Teresa!

Anonymous said...

aww I hope he has a great time! Where has the time gone?

Anonymous said...

What a trooper. He is going to have so much fun. Is it the one by Burnt Toast? That place looked nice.

Amanda said...

Awww, what a big day! I'm glad everything went well. Please scan & post his artwork! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Luke!! And his proud parents, of course!! We are so proud of you all!! Hey, guys, I guess he does take after B in more ways than one...remember I told you Briana didn't get upset the first time I left her at school!! Toughness...it's in those Gormsen genes!!

Love you guys =)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Luke took to his new adventure like a little PROI!!!! I miss him sooo -but Friday is not far off. "TALL" Wow our Little guy will be nice and tall like his daddy. That is great.
HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL OF YOU.XOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's all grown up! So exciting! Yay for "Legs Armstrong" for being so tall!