Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Eat This, Not That!


So Brian bought me this book (at my request) about what foods you should eat vs foods that you should not!
There are some shocking findings ......for example a McDonald's Big Mac is better for you than the Burger King Whopper with Cheese or if your thinking about eating a Chipolte Steak Burrito, your better off going to Taco Bell for a Regular Style Steak Burrito Supreme...on a healthier note, they say its better to eat Regular Oscar Mayer Bacon instead of Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon, although in 2 slices they both have 70 calories and 6 grams of fat Turkey Bacon has 380 mg of sodium vs the 290 mg in Regular Bacon. So there are some obvious food picks but tons of surprises. And they list tons of facts on what Frozen Entrees (Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine etc) to eat and others to stay away from.
This book not only includes tons of restaurant facts, it also lists grocery store items that you should/should not purchase based on Calories, Fat & Sodium, Carbs etc.
Okay so I know that you should probably stay away from McDonalds and Chipolte anyway, but for a person like myself that has a hard time staying away from these places...or in my case is a VERY picky eater, this book is awesome. I hate reading books about dieting, but I love this book because there are tons of pictures and little snippets of facts. No Heavy Reading for Me, unless its a mystery novel or biography..love these for some reason.
I will keep you all updated on some of the food findings as the weeks go on. As for now I just learned that a Bagel and Cream Cheese is probably the worst breakfast item you can eat!! SUCKS because I love a BAGELS...reasoning behind it.....500 calories, 20 grams of fat....bye bye bagels :)
Also the WORST MEAL in your supermarket is the Pepperage Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie because it contains 1,020 calories...thank god I do not purchase these.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read a really good review on this book this morning. I was thinking about getting it, too!

Amanda said...

This does sound good. Maybe I'll pick it up! :)