After the holiday we took a road trip to Naples, Florida to spend some time at the condo. This was our first time driving as a family...I have driven to Florida numerous times as a kid...and to be honest I hated it...but I gave in and decided to give it a go. We decided to leave SUPER early in the morning... I mean why not..our kids are up early every morning anyway so this was pretty normal for them. We left around 5:00 AM and hit the open road. We made awesome time, and to be honest my kids were great. I had tons of stuff for the kids to do. Luke and Adriana each had one box to fill up with stuff for them to do, along with our handy portable DVD player. Which I would say never stopped running. Disney Movies pretty much carried us to Florida drama free.
We arrived the day before New Years Eve and hung out with my sister Angela and her family, and then Fran and my Parents came down over the next couple of days. We did so many things...we swam at the pool, went to the beach, dog track, enjoyed the Hyatt pool , went to the Tampa Zoo, ate a ton of food and so much more.. To be honest, I am so embarrassed by my uploaded pictures, I honestly had such a nice and relaxing time that I barely wanted to lift a finger and take pictures in fact I forgot about my camera most of the time. But here are some....
This was New Years Eve...on the dock eating dinner with the family...
All the kids with their party hats...
this about sums up my pictures of New Years..I know lame. But we enjoyed ourselves..
On the Beach...it was determined at the beach that some of the kids are beach kids..and others are pool kids....Adriana - pool kid for sure - only went into the water up to her ankles and ran and screamed in fear every time a wave would come in...which was every 30 seconds. Hated having sand all over her and was freaked out by all the birds.
Luke on the other hand is such a beach kid...he loved running in the water...diving in head first, digging holes in the sand, collecting as many shells as he could and trying to build a sand castle. Totally my little beach bum.
Luke & Anthony enjoying the sun
Hanging out at the Hyatt pool. So the first couple of days we stayed at the condo with my sister and her family, and then when my parents came, we moved to the Hyatt so we would have more space. 7 Adults and 5 kids in one condo just is not going to work. So to keep our sanity, we enjoyed the comfort of the Hyatt for the remainder of our trip.
We decided to go to the Tampa Zoo on a day that was colder than most. Actually most of the time we were there it was in the high 70's but on this day...it was around 46 degrees..hence the hats, and sweatshirts. But of course we made the best of it
At the petting zoo..of course Adriana would not let Brian put her down....she was not liking all the goats and lamas walking around..
More Beach time...
And of course the pool.
So there you have it...some pictures from Florida....not one picture of the whole family, not one picture of just the four of us....I suck at capturing these great moments..But I know we all had a blast.










No comments:
Post a Comment