I finally broke down and decided it was time to take Adriana to get her first haircut...just a week shy of her 2nd birthday. Her hair was getting so long and starting to come to a point in the back. So I made an appointment at Kids Cool Cuts...and off we went. I was so nervous that she was not going to sit in the chair and feared that she was going to be a cling on kid once again...but to my surprise she did great. When we got there she picked out a movie...Hello Kitty...another surprise because we have never watched Hello Kitty. I am not even sure she has ever seen her before. When I scooped her up into the chair she was a little hesitant...she wanted nothing to do with it..until she saw that it had a steering wheel...for some reason she grabbed onto the steering wheel of the plane chair and she was ready to go. She sat STILL the entire time. Did not make one peep....not when the cold mist was being sprayed on her to wet down her hair, not a peep when she had numerous hair clips pinching her head to separate sections of her hair, and not a single sigh or movement for that matter when the hair dryer turned on. I was SHOCKED. She never lets me do anything to her hair. I can barely get her to sit still to brush her hair, and she let this girl - a stranger do whatever she wanted!!! Oh well I was just glad she was a good girl!! As the hair dresser snipped away, she kept trying to get Adriana to smile or get any type of feedback...but of course my little one did not budge. No smile, no facial expression...no sound! It was okay at first because I did not want to break her concentration in fear the melt downs /cling on would begin. But after a while...it got kinda boring just watching the girl snip, snip, snip away! I tried to get a little bit out of her, and so did Brian, but she just sat there and starred back at us as if she did not even know us. Its now a running joke that she looks at us as complete strangers!
Luke enjoyed himself at the gaming area...he himself could use a haircut...but he had a scheduled appointment with Nonno the very next day for a haircut! Luke only likes Nonno to cut his hair...and for the record he does and always has done very well with haircuts. He sits so still for his number one Barber Nonno. Nonno used to be a barber- I think in his Army days, so he has a lot of experience with the "buzz" cut. The only cut Luke can have because of the numerous colic's he gets from his Dad.
Adriana...just looking in the mirror at herself...
Dad watching the beautiful locks of hair just fall to the ground..
The blow dryer...she NEVER comes near me or will even let the blow dryer near her head. But the chick behind her had no problem. Her hair was so soft afterwards...I am going to have to work on using this with her.
Straight across the back...and she even put some glitter in it...but you can't even tell.
Can we leave now?
All in all it was a good experience. We did get to take some of her hair home along with a 1st Haircut Certificate!











4 comments:
Oh...those lovely locks!!!! I guess I can say congratulations Ade~ but I love her hair however long or short it is. So cute!
SO CUTE! She is blessed with all that hair!
Nothing like going to the "beauty shop" That's one of a gals favorite places. She's a girly girl, and a doll. Her hair so so beautiful...and she looks like you more and more.
oh my god, she looks like she's five or six in these pics! I love that she gave you guys the cold stare. Hilarious.
Post a Comment