Just to let everyone out there know (cause I am sure you are all wondering if we are still sitting next space heaters) our heat is on. I woke up this morning and our house was 56 degrees. The bedrooms were warm but that's it. I think I woke up about 3-4 times and checked on my kids. I was really worried about these space heaters.
Anyways the guys showed up around 8:30 and started installing our furnace. After and hour I thought smooth sailing from here...yesssss! And then....Cedric (we are now on a first name basis) and Jose come up stairs and inform me that yet again there is another problem. OMG What now, well while installing, they noticed a crack in a very important piece (coil & tray) to our air conditioner. There is a crack in the air conditioner tray and when we used it over the summer, it leaked water into our furnace, probably causing most of the damage we had. By the time summer comes, if we turn on the air conditioner it will leak water into the furnace and ruin our brand new furnace being installed as we speak. I swear I thought these things were suppose to last a really long time!
SOOOO what does that mean exactly. Cedric smiles and very kindly says that I can either replace the coil & tray (very expensive) or get a new air conditioner. Seriously, what is going on over here...its like all of a sudden everything is breaking down! The only upside is that we do not need the air conditioner right this second so we do have the option of waiting a little bit before replacing a part or the whole darn thing. At this point, all Brian and I are doing is laughing because this is totally how our luck goes. Oh well...what are you going to do.
We said our goodbyes to Cedric & Jose, gave them back their space heaters and jacked up our furnace so we can start getting back to normal. All is good back in the Gormsen house. Toes are thawed, kids are warm and our poor friends Cedric & Jose left to go work on installing another furnace...possibly working through the night. So sad.
1 comment:
Oh Teresa, that sucks!! Don't you feel like when it rains it pours? Yuck! I had no idea that was going on! Btw, when we were on our conference call today, Peyton was talking about Auntie Teresa (antyeresa), unky bryan, lluke (Yuke) and Adriana (adiana). She was holding your Xmas card. So funny.
Post a Comment