

Moving on to the actual day of the ceremony. The ceremony had not even started and already Gianna was sleeping. Actually when they showed up to the church Gianna all of a sudden did not feel well..along with Fran...HMMM makes me wonder ...did they spread the plague to the rest of the family???

Demi's Baptism was a little different than I am used to, because she was Baptised Greek Orthodox. I will not get into the nitty gritty details, but she was dressed in a cute dress and derobed down to nothing and she is swaddled in this pretty white blanket..

"What the hell is going on...why am I naked with all these people around"

If any of you remember My Big Fat Greek Wedding..then you should have a little glimpse into how the ceremony went...she was greased up with oil and then dunked into a the holy water three times...and when I say dunked...I mean ALL THE WAY..head and and all. Everything is three times...she was dunked three times, then they cut her hair three times (not a ton, just a couple of hairs in the back), blessed her eyes, ears, nose..everything three times. It was pretty interesting to watch....poor Demi was not to happy about it.

Once all is said and done, she finally is dressed in her Baptism gown...which was the same one Rose wore...I have the same one! Back in the day it was just a plain silk dress...but my Mom, always doing her best to spice things up, added beading to the dress and coat. What an over achiever..love you Mom
After the ceremony we headed over to Westwood in Schaumburg for some lunch. Since we were a HUGE crowd with around 40 kids, Rose & Chris had a balloon artist and a face painter to keep the kids entertained. Probably the best thing ever!

Luke requested a Spiderman Balloon of course and to my surprise let the face painter paint his face. We were sitting down for lunch and he told me that he was not going to let them touch his face...only his hands. He specifically wanted Buzz Lightyear on one hand and Woody on the other. So when he was done with lunch he went over and stood in line to wait his turn. I was still feeding Adriana and by the time I made it over there he was sitting in the chair getting his face painted. Not sure how they convinced him. He sat so still for the women. I kept saying "OMG Luke wait till you see your face, it looks awesome!" Luke's reply " I know Mom, I am awesome." He was totally cracking me and the artist up!

The Chiovari Clan

A close-up of Luke's face. He loved his face paint and still to this day asks me if we can do it again! I was so proud of him for being such a big boy and sitting still.
Once the day was over, it was a small task to get this washed off, I am not going to lie. He was not happy about it, he wanted to sleep with the paint on and keep it on forever, lets just say it was a mini meltdown. He somehow convinced me to let him keep the paint on his forehead until the morning. Everything from the white eyes on down came off. I don't know how he managed this. I think just seeing him so devastated that it was coming off made me let him keep a little...and the fact that he kept saying, I am finally Spiderman and you are making me wash it off..in between tears. What a softie I am !

After the ceremony we headed over to Westwood in Schaumburg for some lunch. Since we were a HUGE crowd with around 40 kids, Rose & Chris had a balloon artist and a face painter to keep the kids entertained. Probably the best thing ever!

Luke requested a Spiderman Balloon of course and to my surprise let the face painter paint his face. We were sitting down for lunch and he told me that he was not going to let them touch his face...only his hands. He specifically wanted Buzz Lightyear on one hand and Woody on the other. So when he was done with lunch he went over and stood in line to wait his turn. I was still feeding Adriana and by the time I made it over there he was sitting in the chair getting his face painted. Not sure how they convinced him. He sat so still for the women. I kept saying "OMG Luke wait till you see your face, it looks awesome!" Luke's reply " I know Mom, I am awesome." He was totally cracking me and the artist up!

The Chiovari Clan

A close-up of Luke's face. He loved his face paint and still to this day asks me if we can do it again! I was so proud of him for being such a big boy and sitting still.
Once the day was over, it was a small task to get this washed off, I am not going to lie. He was not happy about it, he wanted to sleep with the paint on and keep it on forever, lets just say it was a mini meltdown. He somehow convinced me to let him keep the paint on his forehead until the morning. Everything from the white eyes on down came off. I don't know how he managed this. I think just seeing him so devastated that it was coming off made me let him keep a little...and the fact that he kept saying, I am finally Spiderman and you are making me wash it off..in between tears. What a softie I am !After writing all of this, I realized I do not have any pictures of Adriana... She enjoyed a princess balloon wand..but did not participate in the face painting...she wanted nothing to do with it.
Great Party Rose & Chris and God Bless our little Demi!
2 comments:
Poor naked Demi looks terrified! I love your family pic how everyone is all dressed up and looking good and all the kids have warpaint on their faces. You so need to frame that.
Great blog of the day.
Post a Comment