Monday, May 17, 2010

Briana Gets Confirmed

Congratulations to Briana on your Confirmation! A couple of weeks ago the Gormsen family gathered at St. Huberts Church to watch Briana get confirmed. It was very special for me because Briana asked me to be her sponsor! What a great honor. Most of you know that when you are confirmed you have to select a confirmation name after a Saint...Briana chose Peregrine. The Saint of Cancer Treatments...in memory of her Grandma (her Dad's Mom). I was very impressed...along with the Bishop.

When it was Briana's turn to me Confirmed, the Bishop walked over to her and I had to introduce them " Bishop, this is Peregrine" those were my lines...that I had repeated a couple times to myself before hand just so I would not forget or stumble through them...I have been know to do that once in a while. The Bishop of course asked her why she chose that name and I really think he was impressed. Especially since there were a handful of Conformands that selected their own names...seems like they hardly put any thought into it. We are very proud of you Briana....and your new name...Briana Kylin Peregrine Gormsen (btw I have no idea how to spell your middle name...I hope I was close). After the confirmation we all enjoyed some lunch. Of course I only have a couple of pictures of the day.






Its funny to think that I have know Briana since she was two and now she is so grown up...and
a lot taller than me..so not fair. Also just wanted to say another Congratulations ...Briana is off to High School next year and has made the Cheerleading squad at Lake Zurich HS. Congrats B...we can't wait to come and see you cheer...and do a back flip!



3 comments:

kenzie said...

I didn't know they live in Lake Zurich. What is the last name? How old is she? Where did she go to middle school?

Teresa said...

Kenzie they just moved to the Lake Zurich. Right now she goes to St. Hueberts in Schaumburg, she is finishing out middle school there and then off to LZ HS in the fall. Briana's last name is Gormsen just like me:)

kenzie said...

Pretty neat, she will be going to school next year with my current students.