Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Adriana is 11 months

We are now only a month away from being ONE year old. I will say it again as I do in every monthly post. This year has just flown by!

Here is Adriana with her Tuti...she has learned to LOVE it.  We can hardly go anywhere without it.  In fact, we don't go anywhere without one in our diaper bag in fear of a meltdown! This one is going to be a hard habit to break!

I feel like I just wrote her 10 month post (probably because I wrote it late!) On the day she turned 11 months...we hit a big milestone. Adriana took her FIRST STEPS all by herself. I hate to admit it, but I was out when she took her first ACTUAL step... Adriana was at home with Brian when it happened. I almost did not believe Brian when he told me...I just had to see for myself. So we stood her up against the couch...stood back and started calling her name "Adriana...come on...walk to me...come to Mom...come on sweetie" and all of a sudden...she took 3 steps!!! Luke, Brian & I all clapped, screamed with excitement and just laughed with total amazement! It was such a sweet moment! I swear it’s probably something you never forget...I still remember when Luke took his first steps! From that day on...every step she takes gets better and better. We predict that she will be walking by her first birthday! I am totally not pushing it, but I get the feeling she wants to keep up with Luke, and it just makes me so happy to see her growing and learning!

Adriana mouth is starting to fill up..with teeth that is! She now has four teeth on the top and three on the bottom. I just noticed them today, or I should say I was finally able to get my fingers in her mouth the feel around. In all honestly, I am a little worried about the top. I noticed one of her teeth is coming in ....well a little crooked. It’s not totally in so I will give it some time but I am a huge teeth person so I am a little worried. (Sorry Ade...I know by the time you are able to read this, you are probably not going to be too happy with me, and hopefully you will just laugh). I just keep wondering...how does this happen...is it the Tuti, has this happened because I have put her down with a bottle? Is it genetics, if so I am totally pawning this one off on Brian, he was the one who had braces. I did not..haha sorry babe?? How come some teeth are straight and others are crooked? I just want to know WHY.... The only saving grace is that they are your baby teeth and will fall out. Don't you worry sweetie, I am putting this on our "Questions" list for the doctor and hopefully I will get some piece of mind.

With all that said...I still love every single inch of you...crooked and all..HA,HA!

This is what happens when you refuse to take your second nap...Asleep by dinner time! I told you she was messy..food all over her and she could careless!  This is the first time she has fell asleep sitting up. I think she has been hanging out with her good pal Ella too much..she is starting to take on her habits.


Do you see that big bottle in the photo above..well...Another big change that will happen this month is the transition from formula to milk. I know, I know I should wait until we see the doctor, but let’s be honest...you are my second child...been there, done that.. I know what to expect...I am going to move on with my instincts and start you on whole milk soon. I still have at least two and a half more weeks left of formula so I would say you will start milk two weeks shy of your first birthday! I am so excited for this...no more formula!!!

Speaking of drinking...I am doing my best to get Adriana excited about the sippy cup...but she is not interested in any sippy unless it's Luke’s. I have tried giving her one during meal time with water...not a big fan...tried putting formula in it..won't even touch it....I have tried giving her one of Luke's big boy sippy cups...could care less....Adriana only wants to play with the sippys when Luke is finished with them. I remember having a hard time getting Luke to drink from the Sippy Cup and now history is repeating itself. (Please see Operation Sippy Cup -Luke in past posts). The crazy thing is I have a million PINK, different sippy cups from my sister so I don't want to run out and purchase anymore...I am not sure my cabinet can handle one more cup!

Here is our latest obsession...Luke's car from Auntie Mandy. She loves to ride this car..She has learned to swing her leg over to sit on the car all by herself. She is so proud of herself when she gets on! Her next step is figuring out how to move the car without Luke on it. 

Found this one on the camera..what a big girl she is!  And hey..I still have a tan...I thought it was gone until I saw this picture...sorry this is suppose to be a post about Adriana's 11 months. But I just could not resist!  Can you beleive I am finally in a picture with my kids!!

So I do not have a ton of pictures of Adriana this month...thats how fast the days are flying by..too much going on to keep up!  Happy 11 months baby girl!!! Love You!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hooray Adriana!!!!

Nonna said...

Nonna is in awe of those two...Luke is so big and now Little Adriana is too!!!!

Kelly said...

She is such a little sweetie-pie. I love her smiles!

Mandy said...

She really is a little doll. Walking already - your kids grow up WAY too fast!