Adriana..too young to partake in the activities, but enjoyed being passed around.
It was a fun afternoon followed by some drama.... around 6:45pm, I walked outside to check on the kids...they were all playing on the swing set and jungle gym. I said to Luke, Anthony & Jack..."are you all playing nice" they all looked at me and like I was crazy, said Yes, and with that I was on my way back inside....not two minutes later one of the boys walks in and says...."Luke is bleeding" I seriously thought that he just had a scraped knee because I did not hear him crying...but to my surprise it was A LOT more than a scraped knee. Poor Lukey's head covered in blood...dripping from his forehead. Poor little guy was just having fun and somehow cut his head on the jungle gym...we think. Within seconds of my frantic OMG shout....someone threw me a rag.....then another cold wash cloth to stop the bleeding, my cousin who I believe is an EMT/Nurse glanced at it and confirmed we needed to take him to the hospital for some stitches. Brian scooped up Luke, who by this time was done crying, and we headed to the hospital. Luke was such a trooper...he was such a good boy for the nurses and doctors....Brian said he was very brave sitting on the hospital bed....only whining for a couple of minutes when they were putting the stitches in....Two stitches on the inside (guess the cut was very deep) and four stitches on the outside - 6 in total, right along his hairline! I knew he was going to be okay when we decided that I should go back to my Aunts and pick up Adriana...as I was walking out of the room, Luke said in the most sweetest voice..."I'm okay Mommy." From that moment my mind went from worrying to ....Oh My Boys will Be Boys...get used to this...probably the first of many bumps, bruises and stitches!"
So we made it over a hurdle that I knew one day would happen...especially with a very active son...I hope we can check hospital/stitches off the list and not have to go through this again. The day ended with a very happy boy enjoying a Popsicle!
7 comments:
Stitches already! OMG. What a bruiser! But you're probably right that its the first of many to come. I love that he told you he was ok to make you feel better. How sweet.
OMG poor kiddo -- I can't imagine how you must have been freaking out. Sounds like you have a tough little man, though.
Oh, what a tough little guy! He's officially a member of the boys club. I don't think Mike even knows how many times he had stitches as a kid.
What a brave little guy.
Tough little man! That would have totally freaked me out too!
What a tough boy. Well, the first of many, I am sure. But, it only makes him stronger!!! So glad he is doing great.
He has his first wound. Our Luke is such a brave boy. He scared us all,but he relieved us by being so brave and such a trooper.
And Adriana, she sat still looking as cute as can be for us.. Every body did their part!
Post a Comment