Thursday, May 28, 2009

1 Month Already

Adriana is now a month old! Well actually 5 weeks, I am a little late on posting. Things are moving along and we are now used to having two kids in the house! I can already see her changing...she is cooing a little bit and smiles a couple times a day....which is just priceless! She has such sweet little cry, which I hate to hear...but sometimes it is super cute. Adriana still has all of her hair...yeah!!!! I was (and still am) worried that she would lose a lot of it....but it is all still there and I swear getting longer, especially in the back. I just feel a little bad for her because she has a colic right on the top of her head making it appear like she has a cone head. Funny, Luke has the same colic!

We had our 1 month doctor appointment...she is now 10lbs, 6 oz - 90% in weight and only 21 1/4 inches - 50% in height....this one I am a little confused about and questioned the doctor because they told me that she wast 21 inches when she was born ...so that would mean she only has grew 1/4 of an inch since she was born???? Which very well could be true, but I swear she is getting bigger everyday. Basically their response was that the measurement is never truly accurate when they are so new because is so hard to stretch them out and every nurse that measures her might do something different. So it will be interesting to see how she measures up on her 2 month appointment. Other than that she is healthy....Thank God. And much happier on our third formula....first we were on regular Similac...worked great in the hospital....got home..nightmare. Then we tried Similac Sensitive....a little better, but still not a happy baby. Now we are on Enfamil - Gentlease...well actually we are on the Target Brand because it is one of the most expensive formulas and after carefully comparing Target brand to Enfamil....they are EXACTLY the same but cheaper. Best part of it all is that Adriana is responding very well to it!!!! I have to tell you ......I love our Pediatricians....I always ask for formula when I go....and usually they will give me one small can...but I swear I have made friends with one nurse in particular and she totally hooks me up! This time she gave me 4 cans of Enfamil Gentlease and a Tylenol for my diaper bag. Even though these cans are super small...they totally come in handy. For example, one can is now permanently in my emergency diaper bag stashed in my car....you just never know when you are going to run out.

So here is a picture of our little sweetie! She just gets cuter everyday!!!!


We are trying to do lots of tummy time, but of course she hates it. But Luke does it with her so that helps...he is such a good big brother. Since the day she was born he loves to rub her hair....



In Luke news....I have officially stopped purchasing diapers ....just Pull-Ups ! It is time for potty training...especially since he needs to be trained by Sept for school. So far he gets the concept, and will go number 1 on the potty...but only if I ask. We are working on it...hope to have a positive update soon.

Finally, I am really...and I mean it this time going to start doing a better job with the blogging.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Seems like all newborns are either 20 or 21 inches long. I'm sure she'll start to show length soon!

And she is getting bigger already! How cute. Love the pic of Luke rubbing her head!

Good luck with the training...

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, she is gorgeous! She looks so much like you. Luke is a cutie-pie as always. When were you at the doc? We were there yesterday...

Amanda said...

Holy crap, a newborn and potty training!??! Super Mom!

Anyway, she is adorable...and don't worry too much about the hair. V lost a little in the back from sleeping, but she kept most of it. A's hair looks pretty darn thick, so I imagine she'll be just fine. :)

Josephine said...

Just adorable..BOTH of them... I am proud of Luke!!Boys are hard to train...Adriana may loose hair, but you aint goona tell..ha

Windy City Kelley's said...

She is so cute! You were not kidding when you told me she had a lot of hair ~ she'll be in pig tails in no time :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is a month already! She is looking like such a little person now. I love the pic of Luke rubbing her head. We need to get together again soon.