We are so excited to announce the birth of our daughter
Adriana Rose Gormsen
Born April 20th
11:04 AM
8lbs, 13 oz
21 inches long
Born April 20th
11:04 AM
8lbs, 13 oz
21 inches long
She arrived via scheduled C-section on Monday morning. It was so crazy waking up, dropping Luke off at my Moms, and knowing that we were going to the hospital to deliver a baby in a couple of hours. We arrived at the hospital to find it a little crazy...they were expecting 9 women to deliver babies that day...it was so busy we were unable to get our own room to prepare for surgery so they put us in a Recovery room. It was a little exciting and scary at the same time, we watched women being rolled into the surgery room, and then moments later we would hear a baby cry. Then see the new Mom being rolled out of the room and into recovery. This made us very anxious.....and for me very nervous. We did finally get into a labor room, sat there for maybe 20 minutes and then it was our turn. I walked right into the delivery room, hoped on the table and let the doctors do their work. After all the prepping it only took about 4 minutes to deliver Adriana. She cried right away....and I let out a huge sigh of relief...Brian walked over to me and said....SHE IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! And he is right....from the moment we laid eyes on her we fell in love...just like when we had Luke.
Since she has come into our world we just can't stop starring at her. She is everything I could have asked for....healthy baby, cute as a button and came out with TONS and I mean TONS of hair. Just enough to place a cute tiny little bow in her hair for all her visitors. I have tons of pictures so this may be a couple of posts long.....now on to the pictures....
Even though I am not super excited about the way I look in this picture...it is probably one of my favorite from this past week. The first time I was able to sit with both of my angels...my Lukey Bear and Sweet Adriana (It is too early for me to have a nickname for her, but I am sure I will come up with something).
Brother & Sister. Luke loves her so much. He loves to hold her and touch her hair! He gives her hugs and kisses constantly and always wants to hold her. He is already such a big helper with diapers, bottles etc. It melts my heart to see him be so gentle with her!
Since she has come into our world we just can't stop starring at her. She is everything I could have asked for....healthy baby, cute as a button and came out with TONS and I mean TONS of hair. Just enough to place a cute tiny little bow in her hair for all her visitors. I have tons of pictures so this may be a couple of posts long.....now on to the pictures....
Even though I am not super excited about the way I look in this picture...it is probably one of my favorite from this past week. The first time I was able to sit with both of my angels...my Lukey Bear and Sweet Adriana (It is too early for me to have a nickname for her, but I am sure I will come up with something).
Finally a family of Four! Another favorite picture of mine
It took the nurse a whole sample size shampoo and 3 washings to get her hair clean.
Jess C came the closest to winning the Expect Game! Funny thing about this is that Adriana's weight & length is identical to Jess's daughter Ellie...how cute! Ahhh can't wait for them to meet.
Also I wanted to send out a HUGE thank you to my Mom and Brian's Mom for taking care of Luke while we were in the hospital. They flip flopped every day and I am sure he kept them on their toes. Thank you for being there for us, we are so lucky to have you both in our lives.
13 comments:
Congrats guys! She is adorable.
Yay!! Welcome to world Adriana! Your Auntie "Manny" and Uncle Nick love you so much already! Congrats Gormsens!
Great pictures.. and oh that cute head band! You are welcome (from both of us moms.). we would do anything for any one of you.
Hey glad to hear the the chicken P.
was good.... Hugs & Kisses for our
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST....& THAT IS THE BEST BLOG NAME !!!!
OPPS NONNA AND NONNO gotta us spellcheck
Congratulations! Adriana is a little doll! What a beautiful family you have.
She's so beautiful! You guys do good work. I can't wait to see her again!
Congratulations!!! She is an abosolute doll! Please share any advice on juggling two...we'll need it soon! :)
Such a Beauty!!! ...A perfect Family! Love to all of you.
Congrats, again! She is the sweetest thing! I already can't wait to see her again!
Congrats to you both she is adorable
Congrats to all of you, she is adorable. Luke looks like such a good big brother already.
She sure is a beauty. It was great to see her and all that hair. You looked fantastic! We can't wait to see her again.
Congratulations!!! She is adorable.
Post a Comment