Sunday, March 1, 2009

Almost 3 Preschool

That's right...my little Luke is growing up and will be attending Preschool this fall. I have been looking for some sort of Preschool/Social Activity for Luke to attend on a regular basis, but ALL of them require the child to be 3yrs old by September 1st...since Luke's birthday is not until the middle of October we were having a hard time. Then on Friday the Dundee Park District sent me their Spring/Fall schedule and I noticed they have a new (well 2yr old pgm) called Almost 3 Preschool, and the first day to sign up was Saturday 9AM!

So of course I jumped on it...and so glad I did because when I went to sign him up, the teachers said the two classes fill up pretty quickly! I am so excited...I think he is really going to enjoy it. He will start in September and attend two days a week (Tues/Thurs) for two hours.....not long....but that is the same number of days and times as regular preschool. The program runs from September to June...a whole school year! I am excited for him but a little sad....my little one is growing up so fast.....I am not in such a rush for him to start school.....but I just see him becoming such a little sponge....he wants to learn and be active 24/7 and I think this is a great way to get him started.

When we went to sign him up...the teachers were so impressed....he was totally showing off...he started playing with some blocks and counted to 10 all on his own. "WOW, what a big boy you are!" said one teacher, Luke smiled back at her all proud! Then within seconds....he blew it.... he accidentally knocked over a whole bucket of crayons and refused to help pick them up. Hopefully his attitude will change...I think he was just a little embarrassed..poor guy.

My only concern about this new endeavor is the *****fine print on the sign up form...all children must be potty trained...no pull-ups please. My heart sank a little.....Luke refuses to sit on the potty so this is going to be a little tough...especially with a new baby coming. I did talk to the teacher and she said she understood...he has only been on this earth for a little less than 3yrs so she knows accidents will happen...her suggestion was to try the best we can....we do have 6 months to work on it. Easier said than done....so we are trying our hardest to work on this before the first week of September!

What does Luke think of all of this??? Well I don't think he quite gets it, but he is pretty excited to purchase a backpack...just like Antny (that's what he says)! As for me, I am still in shock that we had to sign up at the end of Feb for a class that does not start until September!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

How exciting for Luke!!!

Anonymous said...

OK Luke... on the the next stage in your little life... u can do it.
nonna

Anonymous said...

He's growing up so fast! Nice that he can go to that class, with the October bday. We'll be up against the same thing with Peyton.
Maybe the "big brother" role will inspire him to use the potty.

Jessica said...

That class sounds great! OMG - preschool, by the way.

Anonymous said...

What a big boy! I'm sure we will be going through the same thing- late birthday, plus they say boys potty train later than girls...it will all work out:)

Mandy said...

Yay Lukey! It's all going by too fast!