Doc: There is the heart, chambers, valves ..looks great..
Me: What is the heart rate at?
Doc: Its around 125-130 - low like a boy
Me: Umm what...last time we were here Dr. Novas said we were having a girl...can you confirm.
Doc: Oh sure, not a problem...I am sure she was correct...she is usually right on target.
Me joking: Dr. Dohr what are you trying to do send me into early labor...I have been purchasing all pink and girly stuff for quite some time now.
Brian: Oh that would be okay with me...if it were a boy - with a huge grin on his face
Doc (with a big grin on her face): Its confirmed you are still having a girl.....hahaha
So we are confirmed in the gender department! The doctor measured all of her body parts and she seems to be in the 78% percentile in terms of body measurements....which puts her right around (estimated) 8lbs at birth.....Adriana is currently 3lbs (couple oz)...we compared how big Luke was when I was pregnant with him at my 29/30 appointment and he was 4lbs, so at least she is a little smaller. She was pretty close in estimating Luke when he was born...she said I would probably have a 9-10lb baby and he was right there...so I am thinking she may be close on this one.
As for a delivery date...Dr. said and I quote "since you have large babies" and we are scheduling a c-section we will schedule your deliver date for April 20th...early in the morning . An exact week before she is due. Great..only PG for 39 weeks...I will take that...unless I start contracting earlier...she said if that starts to happen give her a call b/c they don't even want me to start that.
As for pictures....we were not able to get any good ultrasound shots...not even in 3D...she had both hands in in front of her whole face except for her forehead, the whole time!!!!!. Sorry no scanned shots...but from what I could see...it looks like she has long fingers like me and definitely Brian's forehead. Keep your fingers crossed she has his eyes!!!
Finally as promised a picture of me at 7 months...here it is...not quite sure why I am posing like this
I am now getting close to the final stretch...Doctor appointments every two weeks OMG!!!!
8 comments:
Third trimester already! 10 weeks (or less) to go. You look great- all belly.
I love the new layout by the way.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a Gormsen baby for my birthday!! :)
Whooo Hooo !!!! Your Little Sweetie will be here in no time.
I feel like your pregnancy has flown--!!!! Love the name.
OMG is right! I can't believe you're in the home stretch already! I can't believe Dr. Dohr scared you like that...I was worried the whole time that they had it wrong with Addie and I'd have to give up my cute girlie nursery (yes I called it a nursery). You look cute!
So you're having the baby on 4-20 huh?
4-20! That's funny!
You look great and I'm glad she's still a girl...could you imagine a last minute change in all plans? Panic!
4-20, she's going to be a total stoner. You look great!
Post a Comment