Monday, December 22, 2008

Celebrating Christmas Early

We already started celebrating Christmas! This past weekend the festivities started with Grandpa & Grandma Nell. They came by our house for some dinner, sweets and gifts. They gave Luke a Fisher Price Smart Cycle. Its so cute and he loves it.....basically its a a video game controlled by a bike. There are tons of games to go along with it that teach you letters, shapes, numbers, spelling etc. The Smart Cycle came with a School Bus game, and they also bought him a Thomas the Train Game. Ever since he started watching the movie The Polar Express, he has been obsessed with Trains so this game is perfect.

Here is Luke opening his present.....





Dad putting it together.....


Saying Thank You to Grandpa & Grandma Nell....



Then he jumped on. He loves it....he is still learning how to consistently pedal but he is getting the hang of it. He is a pro at cycling backwards....but has a little hard time going forward for some reason. He will get the hang of it soon.





On Sunday we celebrated Christmas with my immediate family at my parents house. It was so fun this year with all the kids running around. We enjoyed a great meal (thanks Mom) and started presents right after dinner. I don't think the kids could have waited any longer.


This is the picture of the Christmas tree with all the presents.



Just a couple of random shots of the night. Isabella and her new apron....





Gianna got one too...from Auntie Rose & Uncle Chris...




Honestly, we were having such a good time, I completely forgot about my camera and did not get that many pictures - hardly any of Luke! A Big Thank You to Nonno, Nonna and all of Luke's Aunties and Uncles for all of the wonderful gifts....Golf set, Toy Story (movie), Play Food & Shopping Cart, Tons of Clothes, Hot Wheels Car Set, PJs , books, a chain saw that makes very loud noises...and lots more!


Brian and I also received great gifts, clothes, dress coat, gym bag, electric toothbrush...just to name a few. I had especially asked for placematts & a table cloth for my kitchen.....I know I am totally a loser...but I needed them. Anyway, my brother in law Josh had me in the grab bag and picked out the most horrific blue country placematts and matching table cloth with Roosters all over them. Of course I did my best to act surprised and excited about them, but I really was saying to myself silently "Is he serious....WHAT THE HECK IS THIS, why did my sister let him pick out a gift for me, there better be a gift receipt" then I looked up and saw a HUGE grin on Josh's face and bursts of laughter all around...Joke was on me....after a couple of good laughs they handed me another box filled with a really pretty table cloth and placematts....,more my style...It was pretty hilarious! I am going to make it a point to use the Rooster set only when Josh comes around. Thanks Josh! You better hope I do not get your name in the Grab Bag next year!


Moving on....here is a quick picture at the end of the night.....Anthony, Luke & Gianna all relaxing after gifts.....




Finally, Dominic & Sara gave Baby Gormsen's her very first Xmas gift....the cutest little pink skirt and top! I keep pulling it out and and making Brian look at it because it is so darn cute! Thanks Guys!




So far we have had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you to our families for all the wonderful gifts. We are looking forward to celebrating the actual holiday this week!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Merry Christmas, Gormsens! :)

Mandy said...

Yay...the pink is starting!

Kelly said...

So who are you guys with on Christmas Eve and Day? I'm so confused. I think the tablecloth/placemate thing is hilarious. I can't believe all the presents under your mom's tree! Looks like fun.

Teresa said...

Kelly we are with extended family...Xmas Eve - my dads side of the family and then Xmas day we are with my moms side half the day and then we get together with Brian's Mom and sister....I know its confusing.