Every Tuesday we wake up and Luke says "Nonna's house? Bella ?? He loves going over there to play! Most Tuesdays my mom usually has something cute/funny/crazy to report about what Luke did that day. For example, some Tuesdays she reports that he chased Bella all over the house ALL DAY, or he hit Bella, or tried to reach for cookies in the pantry and a can or book fell on his head, other days its we went on a walk and he picked up every stick on the way..whatever happens...its always an adventure at Nonna's and I love hearing all the stories!
On this particular Tuesday, I am sure Luke was running around tearing up Nonna's house (as usual) then they moved outside to play on the slide, write with chalk and water Nonno's plants in the backyard. I dropped him off around 7:15 and received a call from my Mom around 10:00 reporting that somewhere between the time I dropped him off and 10:00 one of his BLUE CROC's went missing. He had them on when I left and I am sure had them on when they were outside. But all of a sudden Nonna noticed that Luke only had one shoe on. She is not quite sure how long he was walking around with only one shoe on - hilarious ....just goes to show you that kids just go with the flow....

And this is where the Mystery begins - What happend to the Blue Croc ? Nonna looked all over the backyard, in the grass, under rocks, in the plants, under the slide, under the table & chairs...you name it she looked there. Then she moved to the house...she looked under the couch, in the toy box, on the stairs, in the foyer closet, in the pantry...she even went as far as looking in the fridge...you never know where the kids are hiding things.....still NO TRACE OF THE BLUE CROC!
She called me in a little bit of a panic, knowing that those darn Blue Crocs are pretty much the only shoes that Luke will wear (do we all remember the Green Croc story ?). That being said, I laughed and shrugged it off thinking that it would be found. As the morning went on...there was still no trace of the BLUE CROC. So my head started to spin a little bit b/c since those are the only shoes he will wear...what will he wear to school tomorrow? Easy right...run to Target, pick up a cheap pair of summer shoes and deal with Luke's temper tantrums later...UMM YEAH RIGHT...Luke has Extra Wide feet and the only place that I know of that carries extra wide is Stride Right or the Crocs that seem to work well....so I ran to the mall at lunch and picked up a new pair of Blue Crocs.
On to my mom's house after work.....still no trace of the Blue Croc...I felt so bad! She looked all day and worried about it all day! Luke on the other hand could careless...he loved walking to the car on a hot sunny day with no shoes on....not a worry in the world that he would step on an ant or rock.
When we got home I pulled out the new Blue Crocs and he yelled "Crocs" almost as if he had found them....he did not even realize the difference. He was so excited, he wore the Crocs all night (until Bedtime).
So the mystery continues...what happened to the one Lonely Blue Croc ? We are still not sure...I have a feeling the OLD Crocs were so stretched out, he just stepped right out of it and kept going. We are still looking for them, but have a feeling some cute furry animal has found a new home for the summer. I am sure they will turn up in about 3 months when Summer is over and we will all have a good laugh"
Sorry Mom, I had to tell this tale...it is still so funny that they went missing! We think you are a Wonderful Babysitter so please do not think this was your fault at all... I just wish that Luke could talk better to tell you where he left his Blue Croc.

2 comments:
Just like a kid to not care or realize they are walking around with one shoe on!
What a funny story! He is so cute in that picture.
Post a Comment