Thursday, May 1, 2008

Say Cheese!

It was picture day for Luke yesterday at daycare. Last week I received a flyer in his mailbox at school that listed out all the specifics and tips on what to wear, times… etc and suddenly I was reminiscing about all of my school photos. Most of them were horrible! I say most, because kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grade were not that bad but as I grew up they got progressively worse.

I had many bad hair days in my younger years (the feather look, wavy, crunchy curly, big bangs) and then when I started wearing glasses…oh my, the pictures just went south from there (I still have my first pair of glasses, they were a very light pink and I think they were pink panther brand). Anyway, I sort of started to come into my own…I figured out how to do my curly hair – let the hair sprayed tall bangs go and just let the curls be what they are, finally stepped away from my glasses and got contacts…the pictures started to be SLIGHTLY better and I mean SLIGHTLY.

On to Luke…I know boys are much easier….but I was still wanted to make sure that I picked a really cute outfit, molded his Donald Trump hair down and try to keep him free of any facial bruises or cuts (we always seem to get one before a picture) He wore a cute collared white & khaki polo shirt with khaki pants, hair looked cute, no sticky uppies as we call them. My little guy looked adorable…EXCEPT for the scratches on his face and rash on his lower cheek when we woke up! We did so good the week before the picture and then the night before he scratched his face on some large legos and broke out in a small rash because we have more molars coming in! Oh well – he still looked like my cutie Luke!

As we walked into school the photo scene was all set up, the background was a green spring budding tree next to a little pond and a bench…who knew I though it was just going to be a quick head shot. They were going to take individual pictures and then a class photo. How they are going to do this with ten 16 -18 month old kids only in one shot???…I can’t wait to see these pics. So I left him at daycare with my fingers crossed.

Come to find out this morning when I spoke to his teacher that he was only 1 of 2 kids that actually smiled at the photographer and sat like a good boy for the group shot!. THAT’S MY BOY LUKE! I was so proud! Now I the real test will come when I actually receive the pictures. I will post them as soon as I get them!


This is what Luke is doing these days when I tell him to say cheese!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

What a big boy! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Love your background.

Jessica said...

What a nice little gentleman you are raising!! I can't wait to see the pics.

BTW, B told me Lukey was at the batting cages last night with the boys and he was standing at the fence while a girl was banging balls right into the fence right in front of his face and he didn't flinch. NO FEAR!

Think you might have a future catcher on your hands.

Mandy said...

I swear, he looks more and more like Anthony every day!

Anonymous said...

Its nice to hear that he is a good little man outside of our home and out of his comfort zone b/c at home he is a little crazy!

So glad BC got to see his NO FEAR attitude (scares me to death...I am going to have to do the worrying for him)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!- I wish you had posted some of your school pics Tere. I'd love to see the glasses.
I had a killer rainbow barrett I always wanted to wear and bangs that started at the back of my head for years.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jess, you must post some of your school pics. In fact everyone with a blog should do this. Mandy already graced us with her awkward self. I love Luke!