Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Spring Cleaning is underway in the Gormsen residence....Sunday's Task the GARAGE!

It only took us a couple of hours...and it looks great! All clean and organized.. AHHH it feels so good.

We had a ton of chairs and a table stacked in the garage that we borrowed from my parents, so we decided to load up the truck and return them. As we are doing this, we notice two black ears peaking over the car......can you see them???Yep... you guessed it, this is not some white trash picture....its our dog Callie. She jumped up on Brian's truck and hung out. She is not able to go any farther than the middle of the driveway because of our electric fence...but she wanted to be by the action so this was the next best thing. She has NEVER done this before and honestly I was shocked she was able to get up on the car. Its pretty high. Needless to say, Brian was not happy about this. He of course made her get down immediately...but that did not stop her. As soon as he was not looking...she jumped up and just sat there.



And of course Luke wanted to hang out in the bed of the truck. He was such a good helper...he swept the floor and played with the football and basketball we found in the garage, but really took a liking to Dad's golf clubs. He loved swinging them EVERYWHERE.
We can't decided if he is going to be a football player, basketball player, hockey or golf??? Pick a sport...any sport!
We did not escape the day without a little meltdown -- Brian took the hose out of the garage and moved it to the side of the house to hook it up for the summer...lets just say Luke was not happy.... Not sure why he was so upset...but he wanted to hose back in the garage....Weird. He finally got over it after 10 minutes of crying and a little ignoring from me and Brian. Sorry folks I hate to admit we ignore our child...sometimes there is just no calming him down so he has to cry it out!

We are finally done! Next on the list our basement! That one is a biggie!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

We're cleaning too. I did my closet yesterday and next weekend we're doing our basement back room and storage under the stairs. Ew.

Anonymous said...

I just tried to log in and couldn't so sorry if two comments show up.
I can't believe Callie can get up on that big truck. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Our next job is to tackle the garage too! UGH...we are finishing painting the house now.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the ignoring strategy. That is the way I was raised and I think it works.

Kenzie

Anonymous said...

Just lookin like she belongs up there!! Too funny. That crazy Callie girl!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new page! Also, Buzz cleaned the garage this weekend. He is currently attempting to install a new ceiling fan/light in our bedroom. Hours put in so far: 7, job is still incomplete. I love spring!

Anonymous said...

Btw, I am a super fan of the new template too!!

Anonymous said...

But, where is your blog roll?