Anyways, as I was driving down the unplowed road, at a reasonable pace, I noticed a little boy, had to be around 6 or 7, playing on the large snow banks around his mailbox. He was climbing on the snow bank and jumping off INTO THE STREET! Where were his parents you might ask????...NO WHERE IS SIGHT. I was a little freaked out because he was in the street, so I started to slow down but kept my eye on him becuause I did not want to hit him!Then at the cornor of my eye I saw movement in the street and it was his DOG running up to my car. So of course I SLAMMED on the breaks causing me to start sliding....antilock brakes kicked in and I stopped in time. Everyone was safe. The little boy was sitting on the snow bank in fear I was going to hit his dog and the dog stood in front of my car barking and barking and barking. So finally, I got out of my car to scare the dog out of the street and into the kids driveway. With a couple of "get out of the street" screams, and the little boy yelling "Casey come" the dog went onto the sidwalk. As soon as I started to walk back to my car, the dog came back into the street. I was getting a little frustrated..... you all know how much I LOVE dogs!

Finally the mother of this boy poked her head out of the front door and called out to her dog Casey and to her son and in the house they went. She did yell out to me "Sorry" and I somewhat nicely respond " Its okay, I just did not want to hit your SON or DOG with my car.
I really hope this will teach this mother to keep an eye on her Child and Dog on a Dark thursday night. I got in my car and drove away very, very slowly, picked up Mandy and we ended up being only 5 min late to class. All in all...a little scary, but more disappointing that a kid and his dog were outside with out any supervision especially since it was so dark. Thank god everyone is safe.
P.S. Water Circuit was great! The pool was a little cold but good workout!
3 comments:
OMG! That's scary! I'm glad everyone came out of it okay and, like you said, hopefully Mama learned a lesson.
Could you imagine just leaving your kid out front to play alone in the dark. Amazing.
That does sound somewhat scary... Although, I cant remember a time when any of us were "supervised" outside.
Post a Comment