Wednesday, November 28, 2007

And the Winner Is.....

Rose 1st Place!!!



Fran 2nd Place!!!!



My house....I know its horrible, I started out so strong with the Roof and then lost my momentum. I don't even think I got one vote this year. So Sad!


So last Sunday the Bartilotta Girls (all the girls on my Mom's side of the family....and yes her maiden name is Bartilotta...gotta love it!)got together to decorate Gingerbread Houses. We have done this every year around Thanksgiving, in fact this was our 8th year. I like to think of this tradition as a way to start the Christmas season. We start the festivities around 10:30 with some breakfast..usually bagels, Spunky Dunker donuts, coffee, OJ etc...and then the decorating begins!

Everyone usually starts out very strong with the roof of the house. Candy usually consists of but not limited to Candy Canes, Tootsie Rolls, Wafer Cookies, Pretzels, Dots, Gumballs, Rollos, Chocolate covered bells, Snowman & Xmas tree Peeps, sprinkles, FROSTING to hold everything together.... the candy goes on and on! Once everyone is finished decorating, every house gets a number and the voting begins.

There are a couple of rules that have been created over the past couple of years such as everything on the house must be edible. Auntie Rose has broken this rule two years in a row. HMMMM Maybe that's why her house always looks beautiful???

Here are some pictures of the day! By the way I LOVE THIS TRADITION...ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Thanks for posting. I am partial to Fran's house because of the dog. But, can you eat the dog???

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you noticed the DOG! She should have been disqualified becase you can not eat the dog, but I think that got missed in the voting.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I can't see any of the pics on your site today???

Anonymous said...

That last comment was me...sorry